At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
With over 3,000 employees globally, our Consumer Retail Services (CRS) division works closely with manufacturers, retailers and brands to support them in developing and producing innovative, safe products through consumer product testing. Our proactive approach to risk reduction eliminates issues in sourcing, safety, and quality assurance before they impact our client’s business and brand. Our expertise and dedication to enhance sustainability also extends across the areas of social responsibility, environmental, brand protection, supply chain security, extractives, and raw material sourcing.
What you’ll learn & achieve:
UL is hiring an Auditor based in Myanmar as part of our expanding business and growth. The identified candidate will conduct social compliance audits of factories to assess compliance with local labor and workplace safety and environmental laws, international human rights standards, and/or the client’s supplier code of conduct. Additionally, the auditor is expected to write comprehensive evaluation reports in English for each audit conducted in an accurate, detailed and timely manner. Travel is essential for this position and will depend on the needs of our clients.
- Execute accurate, objective and high quality social compliance audits by following all requirements indicated in the client specific procedures, auditor training and management directives.
- Represent the company with integrity, professionalism and skill when conducting social compliance audits.
- Prioritize, plan and organize work efficiently to deliver first rate audit services and end products such as audit recaps, reports and other client specific reporting tools.
- When working in an audit team, provide support, communication and training as needed to your partner(s).
- Learn and understand: local labor, wage and safety laws; labor contracts; client codes of conduct; and international human rights standards.
- Be prepared to travel and plan trips with short notice according to company policy and requirements
What makes you a great fit:
- Must have experience for social compliance auditing with an APSCA RA status and in good standing
- Interest in international labor standards, human rights, occupational health and safety & environmental issues.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel (up to 75% of the time).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent oral communication skills; capable of addressing high executive audiences and conduct opening and closing conferences in front of multiple people.
- Comfortable with confrontation, diplomatic, easy to talk to, friendly demeanor.
- Ability to operate in a multicultural environment with persons varying in socio-economic status.
- Excellent mathematical skills and analytical skills. Creative and innovative thinking to problem solve and streamline processes.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable – Able to maintain high ethical standards. Ability to remain, objective and professional in challenging situations.
What you’ll experience working at UL
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.