About HCL Software
HCL Software is a division of HCL Technologies that operates its primary software business. We develop, market, sell, and support over 20 product families in the areas of DevSecOps, Automation, Digital Solutions, Data Management, Marketing, and Commerce. We have offices and labs around the world to serve thousands of customers. Our innovative and fresh business approach offers technology solutions to solve real customer problems with a customer-centric focus that is the foundational element of the HCL Software business philosophy. Our goal is to build stronger relationships with our customers and ensure their long-term success with our software.
About the job
HCL Software is looking for a CloudsOps / AWS System Admin who will provide ongoing administration and support of a large AWS Hosting Environment and works with remote support team, vendors, end users, Customer Service Representatives and other technical staff to resolve AWS deployment and infrastructure services. Deployment of AWS hosted apps utilizing using automation tools, creating and Managing Documentation/Run Books, working on daily cloud operations BAU tickets and application deployments from development, QA, and into production.
- Linux(Ubuntu/Amazon Linux) - Almost all of our infrastructure is running on Linux and this is a key environment for us
Monitoring Tools (Familiarity with these particular monitoring tools are not important – just that they are familiar with monitoring tools in general)
- New relic
- Cloud Watch
- Apache – Web front end for most of our systems that present REST services.
- Tomcat - J2EE container used for systems not running Python
- Amazon RDS - Relational database service ( MYSQL & PSSQL)
- Amazon Elasticache - In-memory cache service
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- EC2 - This is the hardware that we create and manage
- S3 - Storage management of backups, customer data, deployments, build propagation
- VPC - Virtual networking heavily leveraged in our networking and security
- SQS - Event queue used by infra components and analytics
- RDS - Relational databases ( postgres and MySQL ) supporting almost every component that has a persistent state
- Elasticache - In memory caches ( Redis and memcached ) used by our infrastructure and by Analytics
- SNS - Notification services for email bounces, scaling events, internal event processing, etc
- IAM - Security and access control systems that we leverage to provide access and enforce fine grained security.
- Cloudwatch - Internal AWS monitoring and altering technologies
- Teamcity - Our build automation system
- New Relic- Monitoring system which is scalable and can provide real-time analytics
- Atlassian Confluence - Automations exist for build status, deployment status.
- ServiceNow - Customer requests and Issues
- JIRA - Internal requests and Issues
- AWS Experience is necessary
- General Support experience is necessary (They do not need to know our tools, just be familiar with similar processes)
- General Operations Experience (Navigating monitoring tools, responding to alerts and managing live Production Environments)
- Linux is crucial
Shifts will be 24x7, although the goal is to maintain daylight hours as much as possible. Weekends will be required as we offer 24x7 support in our production environments, but again as much as possible it will be daylight hours on the weekends.
*only applicants who are eligible to work in the Philippines without any working VISA sponsorship will be entertained.*