Can you talk for hours about the interesting products you have worked on and the simple solutions you've developed by leveraging application patterns, cloud services, or open-source technology? Do you just love working with code and being the go-to senior software engineer on your team? Do you feel empowered when given the opportunity to be the owner and the gatekeeper of a fast-growing, high-stake codebase? If so, then this job is for you.
This is a unique opportunity to embark on the journey of building brand new, disruptive, fast-growing, cloud-first products using the bleeding-edge in serverless cloud patterns.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop the most complex features and fix the toughest bugs on the back-end codebase of our cloud-based products
- Make heavy use of AWS and GCP serverless patterns to provide the simplest, lowest cost-of-ownership solution
- Establish and maintain a high level of codebase quality through the well-written, high-coverage unit and integration tests
- Be the gate-keeper on the entire back-end codebase - review the work of other engineers on the team to make sure it's above both your and the team's bar
- Provide valuable and insightful coaching to other engineers in the team, helping them reach your level of mastery and code-simplicity
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Small bug-fixes or features on outdated monolithic codebases
- Tedious infrastructure work to enable poorly written products to continue running
- People management
- Get stuck on long meetings discussing roadmaps, product plans, and priorities
Back End Developer Key Responsibilities
- Communicating with important project stakeholders to deeply understand product use-cases
- Creating high-quality, simple, flexible code that meets the technical specification (both correct and complete)
- Developing code across a large number of products and industries, instead of being siloed on a single product for years
- Reviewing all code changes and holding them up to the highest quality standards
- Providing technical coaching to the more junior people on the team and your peers
- A university degree that included an in-depth study of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, computer architecture, and software engineering
- At least 5 years of back-end software development experience in which you wrote object-oriented code
- A role where in the last 3 years where most of your job was either actively writing or reviewing code of more junior developers
- A role in your career where you were the lead engineer on a product or component where you were responsible for the quality of the code of other developers
- Experience with leveraging tier 1 cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure) for building cloud-first applications
- Experience with serverless cloud patterns for major cloud providers (eg. AWS Lambda, API Gateway)
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people advance their careers. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Our platform provides businesses with the fairest hiring on earth by basing 90% of the decisions on objective assessments of a candidate's skills and abilities to perform Real Work. Since we are 100% remote, people can work from anywhere and earn standardized and competitive compensation, regardless of where they choose to live.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4358-SG-Singapor-BackEndDevelop