Maknet is an exciting new digital venture by the iconic Makro. Our proud purpose is to build a technology platform that will help make business possible for restaurant owners, hotels, and independent retailers, and open the door for sellers. Maknet brings together the best talent across multi-nationals to transform the B2B marketplace ecosystem. We welcome bold, energetic, and thoughtful people who share our belief in collaboration, diversity, excellence, and putting customers at the heart of our work
Take your career to new heights in the future of B2B e-commerce. Join our team and help us build Southeast Asia's next unicorn.
The Backend Engineer is responsible for the system to work behind the scenes. The role is to integrate the application with all required systems and services and provide clean and easy-to-use API for the frontend part of the system. Although the work is usually hidden from the user, the Backend Engineer bears the full responsibility for the application functionality, performance and scalability. The Backend Engineer knows how to write clean modern APIs, integrate with legacy systems and work with databases
- Design and develop the business logic and backend systems of the product
- Work closely with frontend developers to design and develop functional, performing and complete APIs
- Decipher existing companies software systems and be able to hook in application to applicable data sources
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Develop high quality, well documented, and efficient code
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- You have experience as a backend engineer in common languages and frameworks, e.g., Java Spring Boot, NodeJS, functional programming in Scala, etc.
- You have deep knowledge of object-oriented programing and engineering principles such as SOLID
- You have significant experience writing and utilizing autonomous services-oriented restful API services and performance tuning largescale apps
- You have experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores, e.g., MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Couchbase, etc.
Health Insurance - At Maknet, we care about your health! Group insurance from a top insurance company is included in your benefits—OPD, IPD, Emergency OPD
Provident Fund - Maknet cares about your long-term plan! We offer 3% provident fund.
Year-end bonus - We include variable and performance bonus for our employees.
Gym Facilities - Our Head office has a fitness center, yoga room, and recreational space. Enjoy Bangkok scenery and work your body!
Attractive Vacations days - Enjoy our attractive annual leave. Let's say the minimum is 18 days!
Flexible working hours - We know people have different productive cycles. Choose your way of work whether you are a night owl or an early riser.
No overtime - We work 5 days a week with. We set our own goals and deadlines.
Cool hardware - New MacBook. The tool to help you be the best of yourself.
Free car parking space - No more stress or extra cost if you drive to work. We offer free parking space for our employees.
Work from anywhere - Make the most of Bangkok, come to the office or work from home wherever home is, it's all in your control
- Clear focus.
- Diverse Workplace (Our members are from around the world!)
- Thai and Non-Thai are both welcome!
- Non-hierarchical and agile environment
- Growth opportunity and career path