Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role
The Banking and Payments team works cross-functionally across the company, focusing on sourcing of, negotiating with and collaboration with various banking and payment partners. As a Banking and Payments Lead you will be responsible for driving Kraken’s growth by increasing and enhancing our best-of-the clase banking and payment infrastructure. You will be working alongside different teams across the company, such as finance, product and legal.
As the ideal candidate you have experience working in either (transaction) banking, payments or another linked industry. You are ambitious, detail-oriented and crazy about all things crypto and like to get things done.
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with regional bank and payment processing partners
- Own the process to source and identify potential partners
- Find ways to creatively enter new regional markets
- Engage potential bank partners to assess their viability and simultaneously communicate the value of working with Kraken
- Bring partners through the entire deal lifecycle from inception to close, including due diligence, contract negotiation, product integration, etc.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to ensure successful product integrations that deliver a superior client experience
- Work cross functionally within Kraken to drive process efficiency
- Collaborate with the Kraken strategy team to identify optimal priorities and growth opportunities
- Own the ongoing relationships with our regional banks and partners to ensure an effective and efficient partnership
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a willingness to engage with others and build relationships
- 5-10 years of experience in business development or a related field in a relevant industry - FinTech, Crypto/Blockchain, Payments, Brokerage/Exchange, Banking, Other Financial Services, etc
- Japanese native is a must
- Fluency in English is a must
- Ideally fluency in at least one of the following languages: Mandarin, Korean
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Watch "Working at Kraken"
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn