At the moment we have a vacancy for the permanent position of Barge Superintendent. Interested? And do you have the necessary experience?
- To take charge of cable (Submarine Telecommunications & Power cables) installation work on board dedicated cable laying barge utilising cable burial injector, sledge and rocksaw cutter.
- Provision of technical advice to the project team on various aspects of the project, including cable burial feasibility & assessment study, cable landing & beach work, capability of various burial tools and any special tools/equipment required for the job.
- To work with the Technical Manager & the appointed shipyard for the modifications and outfitting of barges and other support vessels as may be required to undertake specific cable laying/repair projects from time to time.
- To work closely with the Barge Master and the HSE MR to promote & cultivate safety culture on board. In line with this, to document & provide SOP for various work processes involved in safely undertaking cable laying, repair or other work.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the deck equipment and burial tools (rocksaw, injector & sledge) & other cable working spreads. Liaise with the Technical Manager for any external resources that may be required for the maintenance of these spreads.
- Advise on the annual budget requirements for the upkeep and maintenance of the burial tools.
- Bachelor Degree or a equivalent certificate
- Experience in Cable Laying Operation
- Singapore / Singapore PR only due to COVID travel restriction
Should you be interested in this position, please send your application via the apply button. For more information please contact the below mentioned vacancy contact stating the Job Reference Number mentioned above.