Skip to Main Conte
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Benchmarking Extension Services and Knowledge Sharing Roundtable Consultant for the USAID-funded Agriculture and Food Systems Development Activity (AFDA) in Myanmar. The AFDA facilitates the transformation of agriculture and food systems by increasing productivity, inclusiveness, and competitiveness of the agricultural market system in the zone of influence (ZOI) such as Kachin State, Shan State, Mandalay Region, Sagaing Region and Magway Region.
The objectives for AFDA’s Benchmarking Extension Services and Knowledge Sharing Roundtable Consultant are to: 1) Investigate the existing Agricultural Extension Services in Myanmar, including the private sector involved, Government Extension Services, and NGO activities. 2) Provide a benchmark-analysis of Myanmar’s leading competitors in the international market in regards to business models and approaches employed in the provision of extension support services that enable countries to achieve comparative advantages in terms of agricultural export trade. 3) Share the results of this study with stakeholders through a forum or roundtable in which the consultant will be primary presenter and discussion moderator.
The anticipated timeframe for this assignment is between July to September 2020 with up to 40 days of effort. The primary location of this assignment is Yangon and the ZOI, Myanmar.
- Perform an analysis of existing agricultural extension services in Myanmar, identify particularly successful or deficient models, and identify opportunities for improvement or alternative approaches.
- Carry out a comparative analysis of extension services, especially of AFDA prioritized commodities, in main competitor countries of Myanmar, notably Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, China, and India.
- Investigate innovative methods to provide extension services affordably at scale by using digital / ICT tools; document the work of leading organizations active in the ICT4Ag space.
- Propose actionable guidelines and pathways for scaling up and scaling out successful models of extension services.
- Identified improved way of commercial extension service its linkage with a marketing strategy in the introduction and promotion of new technology and new agricultural input products in the private sector.
- Assessment in the important role of Research & Development which related ineffective support of commercial extension services.
- Conduct round table discussions to enable knowledge sharing on successful commercial models of extension services to relevant market actors and Agriculture service providers.
- Experience conducting analysis of extension services or technical transfer programs for NGOs, consultancies, governments, and/or firms in Asia and SE Asia, especially Myanmar.
- Knowledge of Myanmar’s agriculture sector including extension services, research & development, crop production, and trade.
- Knowledge of technical knowledge transfer methodologies and familiarity with commercial extension service models in Asia and SE Asia, especially Myanmar, and/or neighboring countries.
- Working knowledge of extension methodologies including ICT4Ag and related extension applications and platforms.
- Excellent spoken and written English
Interested organization or consultant should submit the following to ***************@acdivocamm.org by July 6th, 2020:
CV specifically responding to required qualifications
Sample work on commercial extension services analysis & assessment report
Cost proposal – to include the professional fees and other anticipated miscellaneous costs
Questions will be accepted by email up to June 30th, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.