Objective: To ensure that patients have proper insurance coverage for the services provided
by the facility/ healthcare provider.
Location: Remote (Work from home)
Type of Work: Full time, permanent
The role and responsibilities:
Summary: The Benefits and Eligibility Coordinator will review the patient’s eligibility and
benefits of medical insurance coverage
- Verification of insurance coverage, benefits, and eligibility of each patient
- Review of patients’ background and scope
- Review of patients' health history
- Maintains admission guidelines by inputting and/or, updating admission information based on policies and procedures.
- Obtains applicant information by requesting medical information
- Keeps information confidential.
- Explaining coverages to patients
- Must have experience benefits and eligibility verification for claims on behalf of the provider
- Experience working with Insurance companies
- Previous billing experience preferred
- Experience working for a Nursing Facility either physically or remotely a plus
- Adept with procedures in a nursing home or hospital setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google Suite
Start date: Can start ASAP
Note: You MUST have your own laptop/desktop, a stable internet connection, and a noise