In the seedy, greedy world of online crime, there are tens of thousands of counterfeit products placed for sale on the internet at any given moment. Pointer Brand Protection has developed an advanced software solution that allows our legal analysts to easily detect and act against online IP infringements on behalf of brands who are looking to eliminate knock-off items.
Why work at Pointer Brand Protection/Corsearch?
Our team analyzes millions of listings per day, ingesting data at a tera-scale rate. If that is not challenging enough, our overarching goal is to spot detrimental online activity for our customers and coordinate investigation activities in near real-time with advanced data-streaming and data-classification techniques. We run machine learning, image recognition, risk analysis and fraud detection algorithms in parallel to help clean the internet.
What do we ask of you?
There are a few skills you should master, but don’t be afraid; we strongly believe it is your character that determines whether you are a good fit for our team or not. Besides your experience and expertise, we would like you to bring excitement, speed, creativity, and a moonshot attitude to the team. We thrive in a fast-paced, FUN startup environment, taking on many challenges at once. That is what we would like to see with you as well: a passion, a fire within.
- Experience with Java or Python;
- Hands-on experience with the big-data eco-system - Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink or Airflow;
- Solid experience in SQL and related RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Familiar with NoSQL Databases (ElasticSearch, MongoDB, DynamoDB);
- You have built large scale Data Warehouses or Data Lakes on production environments;
- You have built several ETL pipelines and familiar with the ETL optimization techniques;
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services and related big data cloud services;
- Experience in developing enterprise multi-tenant SaaS;
- Proficient with Linux/Unix.
- 5+ years of experience in Big Data Engineering;
- Fluent communication skills in English;
- Focus on details and quality;
- Proactive and goal oriented;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Customer focus: You have the ability to understand what the customer challenge is, and drive backwards to reliable and effective technical solutions;
- Raise the bar: Your solutions and technical advice are founded on your solid technical experience. You have managed one or more teams into continued success and your leadership prevails even in ambiguous scenarios.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 vacation days to recharge your batteries;
- Full time remote working;
- A laptop provided.
What do you do next?
If this sounds interesting, click apply and introduce yourself! We’d love to have a chat to get to know each other (either at our Pointer office or through Skype). We will be sure to keep you posted about the recruitment process every step of the way, which may also include an assessment. We very much look forward to hearing from you!
* We don’t consider third party applications or agencies