Being a Business Analyst at Concentrix Tigerspike requires you to be detail focused and systematic in everything you do, while always keeping in mind the big picture and the goals the business is after. Being a part of the conversation from the start, you'll be responsible for defining and communicating project requirements. Collaborating with a broad range of Stakeholders, SMEs, Product Owners, UX & UI designers and software engineers (web & mobile), you'll use your analytical and creative problem-solving skills to help shape, design and create solutions that address key business needs. You will be called upon for your product strategy and requirements management excellence.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis to identify suitable stakeholders for elicitation work
- Collaboratively work with stakeholders to identify and articulate their goals and needs and success metrics
- Collaboratively work with management team to formulate a correct strategy for the customer engagements, according to the goals identified
- Plan and lead workshops for requirements elicitation and analysis of static information sources i.e. documentation
- Champion the requirements management, from elicitation to fulfilment, being responsible for documentation and traceability
- Work with UX Designers to conduct user research, validate assumptions and hypotheses, and document findings
- Work with delivery teams and customers to ensure that the product strategy is followed correctly
- Actively participate in stand-ups, showcases, retrospectives, and planning meetings
- Facilitate Product Backlog Refinement cadences and ensure the inputs are suitably ready for refinement, correctly prioritised and the outputs meet an agreed Definition of Ready standard
- Support Acceptance Testing by validating that requirements have been delivered to an agreed Definition of Done standard
- Write and maintain high quality requirements, employing story maps, process flows, user stories and use cases appropriately
- Be a great listener and communicate clearly
- 4+ years of experience being a Business Analyst
- The passion to work in a client-facing role, and learning about new business domains
- A strategic mindset. You clearly understand the goals and actively collaborate in setting the path to achieve them
- Experience in requirement elicitation and analysis, and ‘translating’ those requirements in actionable work units, e.g. user stories, tasks, etc
- Experience in ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ modelling, and gap analysis
- Experience in creating appropriate product documentation according to project needs (process flows, user stories, acceptance criteria, etc)
- Experience in working on mobile application products (iOS, Android, React) and Responsive Web, with API integrations
- Experience with workshop facilitation, conducting meetings, and strong presentation skills
- Experience with Agile ways of working, Scrum framework and Kanban methodology
- Experience using Jira and Confluence (desirable)
- Flexible work hours and remote work policy
- Annual performance bonus Health Insurance provided under AXA Smartcare Optimum
- Monthly mobile bill expenses up to SGD120 per month
- A generous annual allowance for training and development
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as learning a new language, cooking classes, or pottery
- 20 days annual leave, increasing to 25 days annual leave per annum after 2 years of service, and 30 days after 5 years 10 days of carers leave
- The chance to collaborate with our other offices in Australia, UK, Europe, America, India, and Latin America
- Weekly Bootcamp/fitness activities (on hold)
- Weekly Friday team lunches (on hold)
About Concentrix Tigerspike
We’re a global digital services company, offering end-to-end expertise in strategic consulting, service and experience design, multi-platform engineering, and systems integration.
We’re excited to announce that we’re now operating under the new name of Concentrix Tigerspike.
We’ve been a part of Concentrix since 2017, helping our clients around the world create great customer and employee experiences. We’ve made this change to our name to more clearly show the evolution of our services and how they complement and strengthen the overall strategic offering of Concentrix.
Our ownership and structure hasn’t changed: we’re still the same, great team spanning 10 global offices - and our design-led approach and deep engineering capability continue to remain core to how we work.
Our people are our culture and a huge part of what makes us unique. We recruit the best people and create small project teams, resulting in great chemistry between our teams and our customers that can solve even the toughest business problems.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.*