HCL is looking for Business Analyst at Manila, Philippines.
Position: Business Analyst
Location: Manila, Philippines(Remote to start)
Performs all of Business Analyst functions plus:
• Identifies and documents requirements including:
• Works with the Project Lead to understand software system requirements and design specifications for various computer operating systems.
• Represents requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
• Aids in requirements analysis/verification, ensuring that requirement statements are in accordance with approved methodology.
• Breaks down high-level business/user requirements
• Participates in requirements prioritization, release scope control and management.
• Responsible to provide designs and input on coding, quality, and implementation considerations throughout the development lifecycle.
• Identifies and documents designs and specifications including:
• Writes product designs/specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. The designs are based upon system design specifications.
• Participates in breaking down high-level business and user requirements into a functional product design.
• Participates in defining quality specifications, external interfaces, screen flows, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
• Identifies user classes; documents user class characteristics/user patterns.
• Communicates product designs to the assigned development and QA teams and work to resolve issues with the product designs through the design review process.
• Participates in design reviews derived from requirements specifications to ensure that requirements were interpreted correctly.
• Identifies and recommends resolution to problems in accordance with design processes so as to ensure software quality.
• Participates in design reviews to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
• Ensures that product designs successfully fulfill the needs that are defined in the business requirements.
• Identifies potential technical problems or design flaws so that preventive action can be taken.
• Collaborates on and documents product change orders throughout the software development life cycle including collaborating on customer feedback and discusses how requests fit into product development.
• Performs research (in the form of internet searches, client visits, reading books, attending seminars, interviewing industry experts, etc.) to augment understanding of business processes and user requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related field.
• Position typically requires 5 years of prior business analyst experience.
• Formal training in business analysis techniques.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of using, supporting or testing commercial/business applications.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience of working in a software house environment, supporting, designing or testing packaged software.
• Application domain knowledge.
• Proficient with PCs/Servers and various software applications.
• Use-case modeling and design documentation skills.
• Helps to mentor less experienced employees in addition to fostering teamwork.