Course Hero is seeking an experienced Business Analyst in the Philippines to join our Tutor Marketplace team. You’ll work closely with the Tutor Operations, Analytics, Product, and Engineering teams responsible for managing Course Hero’s tutor community. Help identify and communicate meaningful insights that improve business metrics and the experience for tutors and the students whose questions they answer. Be a key player in using data to inform, validate, and accelerate this hyper growth, venture-backed start-up business.
- Partner closely with leads and management to ensure we can measure what matters for business objectives and key initiatives to drive growth, quality, speed, and ROI in the tutor marketplace.
- Help produce ad-hoc reports that enable stakeholders in business operations to understand the results of new operational experiments.
- Create SQL queries that empower operations team members to obtain the data they need to do their own analysis.
- Work with analytics, product, and engineering partners to create and improve dashboards and data visualizations that generate business insights.
- Become the expert in tutor marketplace data so you can proactively uncover problems and identify solutions for better efficiency and effectiveness.
- BS/BA degree in Statistics, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- 3+ years as a business analyst, data analyst, research analyst, or similar with strong experience using data to inform strategic business decisions.
- Able to establish causal relationships and meaningful insights using statistical methodologies and data.
- Highly proficient with SQL.
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets user.
- Can distill reams of data into useful summaries & key insights for management.
- An excellent listener.
- Exhibit stellar verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Have experience (and are comfortable with) working on a fully remote team.
- You have experience working with Tableau or a similar BI tool, preferably building or modifying dashboards.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech, start-up environment.
- This is a full-time remote job (work-from-home) forever
- This is an employment job (NOT freelance aka independent contractor)