The Business Strategy Analysis Manager (BSAM) will work closely with the Managing Director to formulate strategic plans, budgets and perform business analysis to enhance the management of data in reporting and drive operational efficiencies. The BSAM will support function heads in the analysis and modelling for tenders and other KPI and Dashboard analytics.
The successful candidate will likely come from a previous senior analyst role and will be looking to advance their career to gain commercial experience and assume a wider operational responsibility within their next role. The successful candidate is likely to have worked within fmcg/logistics/business consulting roles in emerging markets in a fast-paced business environment and will have a sound financial and commercial background as well as understanding of key business drivers. Experience in the development of strategic business plans and the analysis and mapping of channel /industry/territory data inclusive of revenue mapping and profit modelling will be required.
It is an expectation that the successful candidate will work cross functionally and therefore gain an understanding of the functions of different departments, including business support and operational departments, key drivers of costs and revenues and other operations indicators. The successful candidate will develop and implement methods to analyze and manage the data of these drivers and indicators. The successful candidate must be willing to (and demonstrate an ability and demonstrable track record of working independently. The successful applicant will be able to manage multiple priorities / deadlines, and offer recommendations, analysis, and data management solutions to support the growth and profitability of the business. The candidate must have advanced Excel and data analysis skills, which will be assessed as part of the hiring process. The ability to work to an advanced level with financial modelling, cost modelling and data analytics using Excel is mandatory and the successful applicant must demonstrate a record of success in this regard.
Owing to the nature of the 3PL logistics business sound project management skills are required and candidates with a demonstrable record of successfully managing projects will be highly regarded. We are particularly interested in applications from Myanmar Nationals, however all applicants meeting the required criteria will be considered.
The BSAM will:
- Perform financial and operational analysis on current and future business, (with the goal of identifying
- opportunities to improve performance and profitability) as directed by the Managing Director;
- Model, forecast, and assess new and/or future business opportunities and strategies to gauge feasibility
- and profitability of current and project business streams;
- Manage, participate in and coordinate the strategic and annual business planning processes, including
- building Excel-based budget and modelling tools;
- Assist senior management in the preparation of presentations, financial data and analysis, and graphs for
- board and C-Suite and customer meetings;
- Build and manage a KPI data base and manage the integrity of KPI dash boards, develop Excel-based tools and analyses to streamline operational reporting, invoicing, and data collection;
- Develop operational dashboards for the Managing Director and Dept Heads.
- Perform industry analysis for the Managing Director and other senior management.
- Assist in the analysis of pricing and tender offers to ensure profit and efficiency targets are achieved.
- Graduate in numerate commercial discipline preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and business analytics – this will
- be thoroughly tested
- 3+ years’ experience in financial/business modeling and analysis is
- required preferably within logistics/commercial roles in fast paced
- business within fmcg/Agri/ pharma/3PL etc.
- Financial literacy. Solid and demonstrable understanding of accounting
- practices and financial statements.
- Experience of working on tenders / projects highly desirable.
- Experience of managing ERP or SOP planning and reporting tools.
- Experience of developing and tracking performance and KPI dashboard.
- and analytics
- Proficiency in English – written and spoken
- Experience in drafting and conducting presentations.
- Prior logistics experience or knowledge plus project management will be
- a distinct advantage.
- Myanmar national highly desirable.
- Experience of working in MNC / Developed market desirable
***Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted***