- Responsible to ensure our external stakeholders such as individual users, corporations, government agencies, non-profits, hospitals, and schools, etc. are complied with Wave Money’s compliance requirements and regulations.
- Work with the business, customers and partners to help control risk issues and help develop the governance processes and systems.
- Work as the 1st line of defense from Sales & Marketing to fight and mitigate fraud and actively involve or lead investigation process and liaise with government law enforcement units when required.
- Identify process gaps within the Sales & Marketing and drive documentation and implementation of processes ensuring that necessary controls are embedded within such processes.
- Ensure reporting risks are mitigated either through controls or compensatory activities & work closely with risk & compliance team.
- Support in improving awareness of Internal Control processes within Sales & Distribution.
- Supervise the updating of the risk mapping for fraud risks (customer fraud, partner fraud and internal fraud)
- Define, analyse and update the description of fraud scenarios and criteria for suspicion/ detection
- Review suspicious and fraudulent activity to determine optimal resolution (e.g-alert triage, account restrictions, case creation, etc.)
- Prepare written communications, open FIR and case summaries in a through, clear organized and timely manner.
- Work with law-enforcement and civil counsel to accomplish recovery prosecution and restitution in security-related cases and represent the organization in legal proceedings.
- Analyst all types of settings to cover external stakeholders, including individual users, corporations, government agencies, non-profits, hospitals, and schools
- Regular review, update & analysis of existing customer information and resolve concerns to maintain rapport with stakeholders
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Utilize the case management system for data entry and fraud analysis to ensure the effective identification and reporting of emerging fraud trends.
This position has to communicate with various stakeholders such as, SMT counterparts, Channel partner, corporate clients, investors, financial sponsor, business partners and suppliers, peers and community. In simplest way, we define anyone who comes into contact with Wave Money/ DMM as a stake holder.
- Partnership: Successful professional approaches to collaboration with all stakeholders and team;
- Communication: Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication; Constructively challenge those with power and authority
- Management: Create a positive and productive work environment, Model proper staff behavior and promote inclusive practices; Create a sense of shared responsibility/credit for accomplishments and shared responsibility for challenges or failures; Lead an efficient and effective organizational operation according to best practices
- Decision-making: Delegate appropriate decisions and responsibilities; Make clear and timely decisions; Fair and transparent decision making
- Organizational Development: Create a work environment in which learning is; creating an emotionally intelligent organization, staff competence; Building and promoting effective teams, creating an environment of creativity and innovation
Qualifications / Functional Skills/ Knowledge Areas
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Over 3 years progressively responsible experience in Compliance and/or Analytical background
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Proficiency in SQL, Data Mining, Microsoft Tools such as Excel, Words, etc.
- Strong in Analytical Skill & shall be able to provide Key insight & data output
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines; demonstrates logical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and strategic thinking style
- Proficiency in English & Burmese (both oral & written) for effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
- Effective team player, good initiator and able to work independently