Primer is solving the biggest problem in payments
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services to support new ways to pay around the world - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers.
We're also creating an all-new open distribution channel for payment services to reach new merchants. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
We have an all-star global team from across the world of payments and fintech - ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount, and more.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton and Iconiq, to enable us to solve the biggest problem in payments.
The way we work is different at Primer
Our culture is about removing the roadblocks to doing your best work. We can focus on taking initiative, letting the best ideas win, and valuing output over anything else. We celebrate progress (with tacos, goats, and more that you'll learn while you speak to us!). And we’ve had a lot to celebrate!
Underpinning all of this is our 'trust by default'. You’ll work remotely, wherever works best for you, have unlimited coworking access, unlimited time off, no company spending approvals, regular whole company retreats, team workations, and open access to people across the company.
So, One Of Our Favourite Approaches To Solving Problems Is Simply
We find the best thinking and work come from removing limiting assumptions.
If anything is possible, then what will you do?
Let’s put that question in the context of your role...What is the role?
- Winning new business for Primer - to identify potential merchant customers, establishing and building relationships, and build and manage a sales pipeline end-to-end
- Outreach to key stakeholders within merchants, up to C-level (via existing networks, LinkedIn, email, events and more)
- Developing a strong understanding of Primer and our value proposition, to be able to communicate fluidly with technical stakeholders
- Collaborating with peers to make Primer a success - we're a growing company, where everyone can have an input into how things are being done
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a new-revenue role in B2B sales, with an excellent track record of closing deals and meeting quotas
- Someone who can prospect and qualify new opportunities with ease
- An analytical and logical approach to sales - with structured outreach, and impeccable organisation
- A confident and fluid communication style, able to naturally engage, influence, and persuade
- Experience solution selling complex technical products (payments is highly desirable but not essential)
- Drive and ambition - we're a company that's growing fast, and we want you to grow with us
100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like
Co-working space access
Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company events, virtual events
Laptop, screens, everything you need!
£500 towards your home office setup
Unlimited learning budget
Medical insurance via SafetyWings
Location-specific benefits - pension, 401k, US health insurance, etc.