Job Profile Summary
You will drive the collaboration between Trading and Shipping (T&S) and bp’s business groups. One of the key deliverables in this role is to create commercial value together with bp’s business segments through the trading activity. This is a business development role, to identify and develop commercial opportunities together with the rest of our business groups, for example, Customer & Products or Gas & Low Carbon, with the primary objective of creating value that the trading business can participate in. The business development activity may include asset and commercial optimization, strategy formulation, external engagements with customers and governments and internal alignment with stakeholders. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a self-starter and entrepreneurial to create a commercial agenda that can add value to trading. You should have a strong commercial acumen, good negotiation skills, enjoy collaboration and teamwork and possess commercial skills such as project financials. Familiarity with commodities and energy trading and an understanding of how commercial value can be created through energy trading would be required.
You will identify and source for commercial opportunities in areas where there is an integration opportunity between T&S and other bp segments’ business. This includes business development of the opportunity, alignment of stakeholders and articulating the value that T&S can bring as an integrator. As the primary interface between T&S in the region and the segments, you will also manage cross segment projects and processes, with the objective of integrating and optimizing activities.
You will work directly with key decision makers and convene governance board meetings that include VP / EVP leadership, CFOs, and growth leads of for each respective business.
You will grow to capture integrated and monetary value, supporting the assets to better utilize output and optimization. You will perform this through the variable operations and growth teams and set the foundations (e.g. capabilities and asset accesses) needed for continued delivery and growth in new geographies and commodities.
- Delivery of commercial projects and quantifiable commercial value.
- Delivery of strategies to partner with bp’s business segments that result in integration and optimization value.
- Accountable for interface processes and cross segment projects.
- Line management of Commercial Advisor in the teams.
- Proven origination and deal delivery track record in oil and petrochemicals trading.
- Understanding of key Asian supply/demand centers trade flows and pricing structures.
- Strong entrepreneurial bias – ability and enthusiasm to identify and develop new business and deals independently (with support of wider team capability as required).
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining external relationships in core Asian markets, strong network of business contacts in existing field/market.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation/contracting skills.
- Good understanding of end to end oil, biofuels, or petrochemicals supply chains including supply sources, end demand uses, logistics, and commercial structures.
- Deep knowledge of financial deal structuring and deal risk management.
Trading & ShippingJob Family Group
Supply & Trading GroupRelocation available
TRADING & SHIPPING
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fuelled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader.Join Us And Help Us Achieve These Goals By
- developing and continuously evolving a globally diversified portfolio that accesses new markets, commodities and commercial opportunities
- collaborating with our business groups to provide innovative commercial and marine solutions that add value to bp’s assets and flows
- delivering high-quality earnings and creating an organisation that is swift to identify and optimise market insights
- navigating a new era of energy for our planet, by sea
- acting with respect and integrity at all times, with the people we work with and the markets we operate in
- maintaining a comprehensive, rigorous and holistic risk control framework that ensures we operate in a safe, compliant and efficient way at all times
- empowering the deep expertise and leadership of our people