Business Development Manager- Open vRAN & Private Connectivity
The Business Development Manager for the Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit is responsible for developing new and existing business opportunities for VMware’s portfolio of Open vRAN and Private Connectivity solutions, Telco Cloud, Automation, AI/Intelligent Operations Products in APAC for the Telecommunications vertical market (primary Tier 1 and Tier 2 mobile providers, with a secondary focus on cable & wireline providers). This position will engage with our most strategic service providers to Envision, Build, and Launch new converged fixed/mobile services that have our solutions designed into the fabric of the service.
The position requires this individual to work closely with, and in support of, the VMware core Telco Global Account Sales Teams by coordinating and executing a joint sales strategy and sales approach leveraging VMware’s Telco Business Unit resources and expertise. This extended team approach is driven to a common goal of developing projects to grow revenue for Telco & Edge Cloud Platforms, Products, and Solutions, ensuring accounts are developed, agreements are executed, and deployments initiated in a coordinated and systematic manner across the cross-functional teams. The role’s primary focus is on the APAC region.
Provide overlay sales and business strategy support and solution, business domain expertise to the APAC VMWare sales teams as needed. Key areas of contribution will include:
- Lead execution of strategic sale motion for open vRAN and Private Connectivity that drives the insertion and adoption of new emerging platforms, products & solutions from the Telco & Edge Cloud Business Unit.
- Strategy – market research and sales strategy analysis focused on the disruption and transformation of wireless access networks and business models in their target market. Maintain joint business scorecards across the TEC (Telco & Edge Cloud) team and field sales teams. Assist field sales teams to develop longer-range joint initiatives or ventures that require mutual investment from VMware and key customers.
- Route-to-Market and Go-to-Market - experienced in understanding and developing strategies and tactics for disrupting existing markets and building new partnership constellations and ecosystems. Maintains a robust network of relationships across the landscape of legacy and new 3GPP vendors, and system integrators.
- Exec relations – support field Telco sales management to maintain senior relationships in key accounts.
- Industry Evangelism – speaking at regional trade events, working with marketing on community development events, regional analyst relations, blogging, etc.
- Workshop ideation & facilitation – design, organize and facilitate workshops with business decision-maker executives and managers across the journey of envisioning new service opportunities to accelerating the GTM co-marketed solutions.
- Field Enablement – development/delivery of value positioning, collateral and sales readiness training necessary to support field sellers to effectively sell into the target accounts. Working with the TEC Field Readiness team to develop and deliver sales and technical enablement.
- Tracking and Report –working across region on pipeline curation, forecast accuracy, and dashboard reporting.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience selling RF access network solutions to mobile network operators, RAN operations, RAN planning, RAN engineering.
- In addition to RF experience, a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience selling virtualized VNF/CNF based solutions, domain orchestration, or cross-domain service orchestration to mobile operators is highly preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience in Business Development and business strategy consulting in Telecommunications.
- Confirmed experience selling complex technical solutions into wireline/wireless service providers including Service Assurance, Experience, and Analytics inclusive of AI & ML technology domain expertise.
- Experience coordinating matrixed virtual teams of field professionals (Sales Executives, Field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.) in strategic planning and large account selling
- Consistent track record of successful business development in a highly competitive environment
- Consistent record of post-sales engagement management, driving from sale to the initiation of deployed solutions
- Desired areas of experience:
- IT Operations Management (ITOM) or Operations Support Systems (OSS) or Network Performance Management or (NPM)/Application Performance Management (APM), or core mobile network services, plus AI/ML experience and SD-WAN desired.
- Minimum of 3 years business development experience engaging with service provider product management to envision/build/launch new business services for monetization.
- Undergraduate technical degree or equivalent experience
- MBA desirable
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Business Development
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.