The Business Development Engineer/Manager will have the important role of working closely with the East Asia team and distributors/clients in Thailand:
- To actively contribute in the development and growth of company's business in Thailand.
- To provide technical support, design and CAD services, including Application Suggestion.
- To assist the company and distributors sales engineers with technical support.
- To provide technical presentations at design workshops for distributors and external engineers.
He/she must have good civil engineering background with good grounding in geotechnical engineering to provide solutions for reinforced soil walls/slopes, ground stabilisation, basal reinforcement, erosion control etc.
- Develop business opportunities and in doing so, educate and train customers, specifiers, distributors in the use of the company’s products and the design methods available.
- Equip with project knowledge in the construction and infrastructure development of Thailand.
- Track projects and identify opportunities from start and follow through with the focus of providing company's solution wherever and whenever possible.
- Manage and contribute to the company’s CRM website on project and customer contact details.
- Provide and/or contribute to the high quality design and CAD services to internal and external clients in the promotion of the Company’s products and expertise, in collaboration with the KL/UK design and technology team
- Provide detailed design, costing, and tender submission aspects of Design tender enquiries where required.
- Manage the company’s exposure to risk within Design projects whilst providing a cost effective and competitive solution.
- Provide technical instructions and demonstrations of the Company’s design software to visiting clients and distributors, and to contribute to the development and efficient use of the software in the department. To assist with co-ordinating the distribution of the company’s software to authorised users and provide remote assistance.
- Appoint key accounts or new distributors where necessary.
- Manage and develop subordinates’ competency in design, design related matters, product and application knowledge.
- Civil engineering-related industry
- Business management
Required Educational & Professional Qualifications
- Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in reinforced soil design or geotechnical engineering
- Competent in AutoCAD, related geotechnical engineering software, MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Preferred Language Skills
- Fluent in Thai (spoken and written) is a must
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) is a must
- Project knowledge in the construction and infrastructure development of Thailand is essential.
- Ability to track projects and identify opportunities from start and follow through with the focus of providing companys solution wherever and whenever possible.
- Minimum 3 years job experience in geotechnical consulting/contracting companies or with government agencies in related design department.
- Worked for an international company or overseas experience will be a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential to this job as there will be a large amount of discussion with clients, distributors, committees etc. both over the telephone and face-to-face. These skills are also required as the confidence in the jobholder’s and the Company’s technical expertise needs to be developed quickly.
- A good team player, proactive and able to work independently (home based initially) with minimum supervision.
- Good presentation skills in order to maximize business development and the conversion rate of design application suggestion.
- Ability to accurately present companys products and technical information to both large and small audiences in a clear manner.
- Product knowledge:
- Geotextiles, Geocells, Geomembranes
- Subgrade stabilization
- Wall systems
- Pavement optimization systems
- Erosion control systems
- Led workshops/Conducted training
- Business travel required within Vietnam and overseas occasionally.