Business Development - Packaging / Corugated
A New Business Developer’s responsibility is to prospect for positive engagement opportunities for EFI Productivity Software business unit. Business Developers work within an assigned territory to uncover new opportunities and build relationships with customers for future engagements and expansion of EFI offerings. Business Developers identify, create, nurture and support opportunity progress with both new and existing customers. Business Developers collaborate with internal departments to improve the velocity of business and to create a predictable, recurring pipeline.
Typical day-to-day activities in this role will include:
- Develop new business opportunities through strategic sales tactics, including customer development, networking, and relationship building
- Educate and excite prospects on the benefits and differentiators of our available services to drive sales growth
- Develop a disciplined, systematic approach to follow up on prospects to keep moving through the sales funnel or remove from outreach efforts
- Arrange qualified meetings for the Sales team to further opportunities down the sales funnel
- Maintain accurate information and history on prospects in our CRM
- Consistently exceed goals and expectations
- Contribute to our team-oriented culture
- Bring an exceptionally Can-do, positive attitude and tons of enthusiasm to each day
- Use your curiosity and analytical skills to develop a deep understanding of target markets
- Generate new opportunities for product offerings from market intelligence and customer demand.
- Prospect new customers through lead generation, trade shows, follow-up, and cold calling
- Identify the correct decision makers within a given business.
- Document and manage leads, contacts and business opportunities in various stages of the sales funnel.
- Initiate and maintain customer communication and contact ensuring that needs are identified early on in the sales cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 8 years of experience in lieu
- Experience using/selling/supporting MIS/ERP and/or other productivity software solutions in the packaging or corrugated industries
- Selling or marketing software and/or professional services (or other intangible products) in the packaging or corrugated industries
- Proven success in challenging C-level decision makers to change business process such as workflows, technologies or other key business practices to improve business results
- Demonstrate the ability to use trends, facts, data and technology to disrupt status quo and be a change agent in business across many levels of an organization from ecommerce to front-office and through back-office
- Demonstrated success in opening new doors, new accounts and expanding new relationships across large enterprises which grew form pilot programs to consistent repeat business
- Ability to win mindshare, secure engagement and gain commitment from key executives to work with you, your sales team and EFI.
- If working remotely, experience working as a remote part of a team, with demonstrated success
- Understanding of a customer relationship database and skilled use of CRM management
- Consistency in documenting calls and emails in a database
- Aptitude for maximizing call time and personalizing follow up emails
- Competence in identifying decision-makers and their technology interests
- Demonstrated skills working with Gatekeepers, to gain access to key personnel within potential customer’s organization
- Savvy communication skills and strong listening skills when working with C-Level customers to uncover pain and possibility for EFI sales to engage
- Steadfastness in follow-through and tenacity in monitoring and tracking leads
- Ability to maintain strong customer relationships and build new ones
- Motivated individual who keeps current with company messaging and processes to ensure the greatest customer connection and maximize business opportunities
- Other Tasks as assigned