Skimlinks, a Connexity company is the world's leading content-to-commerce platform, helping publishers monetize their commerce-related content, and retailers & brands find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks helps publishers earn an incremental revenue stream by automating the process of earning through affiliate marketing. By aggregating 24,000 merchant affiliate programs from over 55 affiliate networks, 4.5 million websites are able to earn commissions and gain an understanding of the shopping behaviours of their audience. Clients include: Conde Nast, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Buzzfeed, and Refinery29. Our mission is to help publishers be rewarded properly for the role their content plays in creating shopping intent, providing a much-needed funding model for the internet.
Following the expansion of our publisher network in the APAC region, we've experienced 200% growth YOY in just 18 months, and are in need of a dedicated and local Business Development Manager to join our Publisher Development team, you will be responsible for establishing long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with premium content publishers. You will be involved in prospecting, selling, and closing long-term relationships. Our ideal champion will challenge status quo, exceed expectations, and be driven to identify opportunities to expand and strengthen our partnerships. If this sounds like you, we’re eager to hear from you!
As our Business Development Manager, you will:
- Qualify, Reach out to and acquire new premium content publishers across the APAC market including; Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, NZ, Indonesia, India, HK and Taiwan
- Build a pipeline of the largest premium content publishers in APAC and manage the entire sales pipeline from lead stage to closed and active
- Onboard new publishers and share best practice guidelines, manage UI demos, and guide publishers on key steps to take to ramp up revenue from commerce content
- Manage a portfolio of existing APAC publishers and help them ramp up throughout their commerce content life cycle
- Own and develop a portfolio of Publisher clients so they utilise Skimlinks’ and Connexity services and platform to their fullest potential
- Upsell your Publishers on internal growth tools within your portfolio to increase revenue
- Negotiate and close new contracts with content publishers in the market
- Educate and influence editorials teams on how to create best commerce content to start ramping up revenue
- Successfully evangelize how Publishers can benefit from a partnership with Skimlinks-Connexity
- Utilize internal and Salesforce dashboards to understand progress against targets and how to reach them
- Conduct quarterly QBRs for top Publishers
- Regularly analyze data around how a Publisher is performing, benchmarking them against their competitors and providing suggestions for how they can grow
- Compile and analyze Publisher reports in regards to activities with specific merchants
- Work with the Operations team to ensure seamless implementation
- Reinforce Skimlinks-Connexity strong network quality standards and full Merchant transparency
- Post-Covid: Attend conferences and industry events to represent Skimlinks-Connexity to current and prospective clients
- 4-5 years of account management and new business acquisition experience with a proven track record within a structured sales environment
- Solid understanding of the advertising, affiliate, paid search, online publishing or media industry
- Understanding of CPC and CPA cost models and KPIs associated with Publisher ecosystem (revenue per redirect, revenuer per session, conversion, cost of sale, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in negotiating, relationship building and account management
- Strong analytic, quantitative and technical aptitude with great attention to detail
- Drive to help publishers find growth opportunity
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Self-motivated, driven, flexible and adaptable with a proven track record of exceeding goals
- Salesforce/Microsoft Office/Excel/PowerPoint
Voted “Best Places to Work,” our culture is driven by self-starters, team players, and visionaries. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, the company operates sites and business services in the US, UK, APAC, and EU. We offer top benefits including Annual Leave Entitlement, paid holidays, competitive comp, team events and more!
We are committed to providing a culture at Connexity that supports the diversity, equity and inclusion of our most valuable asset, our people. We encourage individuality, and are driven to represent a workplace that celebrates our differences, and provides opportunities equally across gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and all other demographics. Our actions across Education, Recruitment, Retention, and Volunteering reflect our core company values and remind us that we’re all in this together to drive positive change in our industry.
We are fully remote due to Covid, and will be conducting all interviews virtually.