The Business Development Representative is responsible for promoting D2L Products and Services, establishing customer relationships, and providing qualified, motivated leads to the Asia Sales teams. As a key member of the sales team, the successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the company’s solutions, competition, and a keen interest in the eLearning industry. The primary market focus is the education and corporate sectors.
We are looking for an energetic, polished individual with exceptional communication skills and a talent for relationship building. The successful candidate will gain expertise in accurately capturing and qualifying leads, effectively managing a sales pipeline, and achieving quarterly revenue targets.
This Business Development Representative provides a challenging career opportunity as well as career advancement within D2L.
How will I make an impact?
- Responsible for exceeding objectives within your assigned territory
- Able to understand and deliver D2L's unique value proposition and create solution vision with prospects
- Actively participate in outbound calling campaigns to generate sales opportunities
- Accurately capture and qualify leads gathered from tradeshows, webinars, inbound calls, and other marketing initiatives
- Follow-up with existing D2L contacts and develop them into sales prospects
- Distribute leads and make qualified appointments for Sales Executives
- Monitor and respond to D2L Sales inbox and website inquiries – responding and re-directing incoming customer request for information, etc.
- Create and update lead generation emails and phone scripts
- Update customer interactions through the CRM tool
- Complete sales reports and present findings to executive management
- Conduct market research and keep updated on product and industry knowledge, competitors, and industry knowledge
- Represent D2L at occasional tradeshows; some travel will be required
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Interest in pursuing a sales career within a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Pro-active and goal oriented with the ability to maintain consistent levels of customer activity to generate sales leads and meet achieve quarterly objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and organize/prioritize work independently
- Strong interpersonal and customer orientation skills with the ability to influence decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Previous experience in eLearning, the education sector, enterprise software and/or high tech solutions providers preferred
- Degree or diploma in Business, Marketing or related