Kenetic Trading is a proprietary trading firm that deploys medium and high frequency trading strategies in the global cryptocurrency markets. Based in Hong Kong, we are a 24/7 business, trading digital assets in 10+ locations around the globe, with a team of world-class talent spanning 5 countries.
We are one of the fastest growing market makers in the entire industry. Our arbitrage engines generate tens of millions of orders per day, and our trading team combines a systematic approach with sophisticated pricing models, iterating regularly to ensure robust trading performance.
More information can be found on our company website: http://www.kenetic.capital.
Summary of Position:
Kenetic Trading currently seeks a Business Intelligence Developer to join our team.
This is an exciting role as a key developer and support function to our finance, middle office and trading desk to ensure smooth operation of our trading strategies and financial reporting.
These systems have to process millions of transactions from dozens of different exchange and banking platforms around the world in dozens of currencies (fiat and crypto).
Competitive compensation package for the right individual.
Reporting to: Business Intelligence Team Leader
Job responsibilities including:
· Work with the finance and middle office teams and traders to understand the core problems facing the team and firm’s cryptocurrency trading.
· Keep up to date on latest developments in the Decentralized Finance (DeFi) and cryptocurrency space.
· Design and build systems to facilitate trading activities, focused on middle office and finance functions accounting for trading on centralized and decentralized crypto exchanges.
· Develop full stack solutions using databases, message queues, websockets, HTTP and UI's to solve the complex problems involved in cryptocurrency trading
· Develop reports, monitoring tools, deployment tools and troubleshooting tools for our trading and accounting systems.
· Troubleshoot and resolve system issues as and when they occur
· Engage with the wider team in system design discussions, code reviews, problem solving, brain-storms and daily office banter
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or other related discipline (although strong software development experience with a less directly related degree will be considered)
· 2-5 years’ relevant working experience, preferably in financial service industry such as a hedge fund, securities firm, bank, fund administrator or cryptocurrency firm
· A strong interest in decentralized finance and cryptocurrencies, and solving complicated puzzles that arise in this line of business.
· Can demonstrate good programming skills in Python, with a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
· Strong skills in data design.
· Able to articulate ideas and concepts clearly.
· Reliable, take pride in delivering robust software and are willing to be on call to support the systems you develop.
· Must be highly organized, have strong attention to detail and the ability to meet established deadlines
· Ability to be resourceful, work effectively as a team player and can clearly communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Enjoy trouble shooting and problem solving
· High integrity, self-confident, positive and creative mind
· Good oral and written communication skills in English