Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About The Role
Kraken’s Business Onboarding team is expanding as fast as the crypto industry itself. As part of the Client Engagement function we play a crucial role in Kraken’s mission. Our team’s objective is to provide an exceptional onboarding experience to clients wanting to invest their company funds, trade in larger volumes or offer cryptocurrency payment options to their customers. Our fully remote, global team collaborates to solve problems to continually raise the standard of services we offer.
As a Business Onboarding Specialist you will use your strong written communication skills to communicate with clients directly through email. Your daily focus will be using your background in KYC onboarding to process the applications of professional traders and institutional clients. You will help deliver a six-star client experience. Together, we contribute to the further legitimization of the cryptocurrency movement and to the acceleration of the adoption of cryptocurrencies on a global scale.
Our ideal candidate is a crypto-passionate client-advocate with an eye for detail. You must be ready to work hard with a close-knit team of sharp critical thinkers in a culture cultivated for feedback. You will succeed if you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and motivated to master the skills required to excel in your role. You will fit in if you are excited by being at the forefront of the crypto industry representing a leading exchange.
For this role, you must be available to work between 16:00 - 24:00 UTC, and will also be required to work weekends. This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency.
- Facilitate the seamless onboarding of individual and business clients
- Contribute to the creation of an exceptional experience for every client
- Conduct client research on open source databases, and effectively communicate with clients via email
- Perform Know Your Customer (KYC) and Client Due Diligence (CDD) procedures
- Coordinate directly with Kraken’s Compliance team to obtain relevant KYC requirements
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA), and reach performance goals set by your Supervisor
- Attend team meetings, training sessions and be diligent in keeping up with our onboarding knowledge base
- Provide feedback and let your management line know how they can help you achieve your goals
Nice to have
- Fundamental understanding and experience with regulatory KYC/CDD and AML requirements
- 1+ years of experience working in the financial services or crypto industry
- Strong knowledge of business models, various corporate structures and beneficial ownership requirements
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and written English communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast paced environments with a goal-oriented mentality
- People-centered, supportive, flexible and a team player
- Ability to multi-task and to handle high volumes of requests, all while creating a six-star experience for our clients
- Experience in a role where performance is measured with quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Availability to work between 16:00 -24:00 UTC
- Fluency in a second language
Location tagging: #CANADA #US #APAC
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers . Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn