FMR Research and Advisory is a UK-based business research firm covering emerging markets. We opened an office in Yangon in 2014, providing subscription-based and customised research services.
We currently publish four subscription services in Myanmar, the Myanmar Real Estate & Construction Monitor, the Myanmar Energy Monitor, the Myanmar Transport Infrastructure Monitor, and the Myanmar Financial Services Monitor.
FMR also provides customised research services on different sectors of the economy, including energy, power, infrastructure, financial services, transport and others. Our coverage spans news, projects, companies, data, tenders and other content. Our clients include private-sector companies of all sizes, IFIs, public-sector entities, NGOs and other organisations.
We are now looking to hire a full-time Business Writer/Translator, based in Yangon, to play a key role in our Myanmar Financial Services Monitor coverage. This is an opportunity to contribute to a successful, challenging product, and will require a range of skillsets, including translation, writing, research, analysis, data analysis and more.
The job will involve:
- Monitoring Myanmar- and English-language news and information sources
- Writing and translating a range of content on the financial services market
- Contacting and interviewing companies and government bodies
- Researching and writing company profiles
- Collecting economic, business and trade data
- Attending conferences, trade fairs and other networking events
- Working closely with other staff
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a native Myanmar speaker with excellent written and spoken English
- Have a strong knowledge of / background in financial services
- Have previous experience with business writing and research
- Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Be comfortable with speaking to and visiting companies and government bodies
Salary: Dependent on experience
Job type: Full-time
Start date: September 2020