This role has an area focus on Sittwe and Pauktaw IDP camps and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
Overall purpose of the role
- Supervise CCCM team members on CRM, Community Participation, and CwC Teams
- Deliver technical support and guidance to CCCM team
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities.
- Jointly with the CRM, CwC, and Community Participation Officers and under leadership of the Camp Management Manager, the Team Leader will help plan weekly activities for each team.
- Hold weekly meetings with both the Community Services Officer & the DRC CCCM field assistant teams to review activity progress, and brief on future activities.
- The Team leader will support in establishing and maintaining relationships with community representatives, government counterparts, and other humanitarian agencies.
- Team Leader will work closely with the Community Services Team & DRC protection team to identify, monitor, report and follow up on referral cases
- Team leader will support other DRC departments in issues regarding CMC’s, Camp Focal Points and community liaison where necessary.
- He/she will liaise with Admin, Finance, and Logistics staff for organizing and planning of assistance delivery.
- He/she Will ensure that activities conducted by CCCM Team follow DRC standards and guidelines.
- In coordination with the Camp Management Manager, develop trainings for capacity building of CwC, CRM, and Community Participation teams.
- With the Camp Management Manager, Develop contextually relevant and culturally sensitive Information and written translation to be accessed by camp populations.
- Lead and manage the CwC, Community Participation, and CRM teams (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/Support activities.
- Ensure daily monitoring of programme areas.
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
- Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises
- Develop close routes of communication with camp populations, inclusive of Women, Youth, elderly, people with disabilities etc.
- Maintaining close relationship with key leadership structures to ensure adequate understanding of community dynamics.
- Lead trainings of staff members both Sittwe-based and field-based in addition to spearheading CCCM trainings for CMC members and service providers
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
- Plan all field level monthly CCCM meetings, review meeting minute formats, and raise any urgent issues to the relevant Officers or the Camp Management Manager
- The Coordination of all humanitarian actors present in the target camps, at camp level with participation from beneficiaries and through individual meetings/communication as well as during cluster meetings.
- Identification of beneficiary needs through participating in FGDs & assessments with Community Based Groups
- Organise the CCCM team to produce regular reports on camp activities
- To assist Camp Management Manager with the creation of donor reports including monthly, quarterly, interim and end of project reports
- Monitor program budget lines assisting team members in utilizing appropriate budget lines for procurement requests and cash advances.
- Regular progress reporting to Camp Management Manager
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for people management of employees, usually working in the same area of work
- Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time
- Initiating the hiring and firing of employees and conducting performance appraisals are permitted at this level but are closely overseen by the next-level manager.
*Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 3 years of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority. And minimum 3 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO.
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Field experience working in camp-like setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with communities.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree in political science, international development, economics or another relevant field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Professional proficiency in English
- Native Myanmar or Rakhine speaker
- Muslim language skills are an advantage
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Camp Management Manager
- Operations and Field Operations Team Leaders
- Protection Team Leader (Protection)
- CwC, CRM, and Community Participation Officers
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC/DDG’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Starting date of employment: (as soon as possible).
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) and apply button.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted for a written test in English and a face to face interview.
- After closing date, applications are not to be considered.
Deadline for submission of applications: 08-July-2020
Please be noted that due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview before this date.