AM Trace has immediate openings for Case Investigators to support state and local COVID-19 Contact Tracing programs. High call-volume position. No travel required. This position will begin immediately. Candidates must reside within Los Angeles County, California.
Background: The scale and complexity of the COVID-19 outbreak has underscored the need for prompt and effective implementation of evidence-based containment measures. Contact tracing is one of the interventions that has been used to effectively control recent pandemics (Ebola, SARS), and has shown to be effective against COVID-19 mitigation in South Korea, New Zealand and elsewhere.
Professionals across the country have become passionate about helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Compassion and empathy are key traits needed in candidates who are applying for AM Trace opportunities. Nurses, social workers, and those with a public health background are highly encouraged to apply to join our fast paced, dynamic, and remote workforce.
The successful Case Investigator will perform case investigations and supervise regionally-focused Contact Tracers who will work remotely to conduct a virtual "needs check," and connect at-risk COVID-19 positive patients and people in quarantine to community resources.
- Act as primary point person to call people with a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19, provide support and gather information, including information about the disease
- Triage and coordinate next steps for isolation for cases and quarantine for individuals the person has been in contact with.
- Communicate with cases in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect and record information on symptoms into the CRM
- Coordinate tracking efforts with local health authority and refer high-level cases to local resources.
- Oversee quality control of data collection and data reporting.
- Supervise a team of contact tracers.
- Make informed, educated decision on case management based on interview guidelines.
- Case Investigators will be required to use their own telephone, computer and electronic equipment
- Maintain daily contact with the Case Navigator.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent license/certification in a health-science field
- "Making Contact: A Training for COVID-19 Contact Tracers"(ASTHO) completed by date of hire
- Experience within a healthcare setting
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
- Proficiency in languages other than English is a strong plus (especially Spanish, Portuguese, French, Haitian-Creole, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali)
- RN, LPN, BA in Public Health or healthcare related degree preferred
- PC with Windows 10 or Mac with Mac OS 10.15 or newer
- Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall, for Mac Antivirus Protection: Sophos
- Personal mobile device
- A headset is recommended
- Must have a quiet, dedicated workspace
- User provided home high-speed network connection
Note: Due to the high volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries, but we are reviewing and considering all applications in the order in which they were submitted on a rolling basis.
Division: COVID-19 Contact Tracing Program
External Company Name: AM LLC
External Company URL: http://www.appliedmemeticsllc.com/