Requisition ID: req19365
Job Title: CCCM/Shelter/NFI Officer
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hpa-An, Myanmar
In collaboration with the Protection Manager (South East) and the Protection Team Leader (South East), the CCCM/Shelter/NFI Officer will be responsible for supporting the day to day implementation of shelter/NFI humanitarian assistance provided by IRC in the South East and providing technical support to field staff to ensure that relevant activities and processes align with internal guidance, systems and processes.This will include identification of training needs, as well as coordination and delivery of some required training, and the day-to-day support and facilitation of teamwork among all protection monitors/mobilizers and focal points and community members.Shelter/NFI assistance is intended to ensure that IDPs receive protection from the elements to support their dignity, security and privacy through provision of non-food-items (NFIs) and emergency, temporary or semi-permanent shelter support.
- Take the lead on coordinating shelter/NFI needs data collection, and support analysis, to feed into routine reporting, highlighting unmet needs and challenges, as well as related protection issues. This includes:
- Participating in quality assurance of monitoring conducted at field level;
- Supporting efforts to improve qualitative understanding of shelter/NFI thematic issues; and,
- Contributing to drafting required reports.
- Provide direct supervision and support to field staff, including:
- Participation in shelter/NFI needs assessments;
- Training and supervision of shelter/NFI distribution methodologies and approaches, in alignment with internal guidance; and,
- Provision of support to post-distribution monitoring exercises in coordination with MEAL team colleagues.
- Acts as a focal point for shelter/NFI emergency response in area of operation, in coordination with the Protection Manager (SE) by building and maintaining a network of relevant actors and ensuring smooth coordination for planned activities and unmet needs that are identified.
- With support from the Protection Manager (South East), contribute to implementation of emergency response pre-positioning in the specified area of coverage, with particular focus on shelter/NFI needs, in line with protection needs identified and prioritized by community members and other local stakeholders.
- Contribute to assessing the training and capacity building needs of staff and partners and collaborate on the drafting and implementation of capacity building plans.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Human Rights, Law or other relevant field.
- 3-5 years experience with an organization providing humanitarian services or implementing development programming in the specified area of coverage.
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
- Ability to gather, organize and present information
- Excellent organizational skills, timeliness, ability to determine priorities and great attention to detail
- Excellent drafting and oral communication skills
- Proactive, flexible, team spirited and willing to learn
- Ability to live and productively work under stress while maintaining a sense of humor
- Strong experience delivering effective trainings and presentations
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Fluency in local languages is required, familiarity with English is desired.
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.