Channel Sales Manager - Vietnam
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
The primary function of this position is to achieve sales plan for a specified territory - Vietnam and help grow ANSYS business in a sustainable way. The objectives are accomplished by meeting target accounts directly and working with Channel Partners, ensuring that they have the focus and commitment necessary to succeed. Each sales entity (channel partners in this case) develops a business plan containing capacity, marketing activities, and investments to develop and grow key accounts. This role is also responsible for informing ANSYS management of region-specific requirements and any issues / obstacles that may affect short / long term performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for selling ANSYS products in specified territory - Vietnam through channel partners while exhibiting ANSYS Sales Channel principles. Will own full responsibility over sales targets, sales attainment and forecast for the territory - Vietnam.
- Establish productive relationships with key partner personnel and ensure ANSYS and Channel Partner priorities are aligned
- Lead annual joint business planning and implementation, as well as quarterly business reviews for performance tracking and determining corrective actions
- Drive awareness and adoption of channel programs, tools and resources – deal registration, certification, demand generation, incentives, 8Q New Business Rule, 4Q Inactive Accounts Rule
- Provide / coordinate the support, training and coaching required to increase partner skills, competency and commitment in sales, technical, marketing and order management sub functions
- Assist / support partners with pipeline development effort essential to driving sustainable and profitable growth
- Assist channel partners reps in closing larger or more complex deals (over $50K), including on-site engagement.
- Provide hands-on leadership and support for larger opportunities, and for other significant regional opportunities. Gain access and manage relationships with senior level customer executives
- Provide accurate and timely forecast, including forward 3 quarter pipelines for all channel partners. Review forecast and pipeline with channel partners on a regular basis
- Take ownership and ensure proper and timely resolution to partner issues and requests - customer pricing, discounting & special offers, channel conflicts, sales splits, customer concerns such as software performance issues, and assist in development of tactical solution strategies. Interface directly with customers to ensure satisfaction with ANSYS solutions
- Develop relationships with new and existing ANSYS Solution Partners for co-marketing for generating demand: hardware (HPE, nVidia, etc), software (Microsoft, etc), services, and academic partners. Develop positive ANSYS image at all levels and serve as the ANSYS face to all parties
- Assist ANSYS management in analyzing regional business trends, industries, competitors and market data to set market coverage strategy. If needed, also aid with Go-To-Market model definition, number and types of partnered needed to cover the market, channel recruitment, onboarding and development
- Ensure partners’ compliance with channel programs and agreements
- And other job-related duties may be assigned by management from time to time
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or business discipline required
- A minimum of 10 years successful sales, key accounts, and indirect channel account management experience in software industry
- Experience in negotiating sales contracts with key accounts
- Must be able to quickly identify issues, communicate to management, and recommend solutions
- Proven track record in managing indirect sales channels
- Strong analytical, planning, coaching and communication skills
- Travel 50%+ required
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Work experience and knowledge of Vietnam territory is must
- MBA preferred
- Strong sales and business acumen
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of engineering design processes, and of how PLM / simulation tools are deployed in manufacturing and process industries
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.