Chief Accountant (Mdy)
The finance manager works at the Great Wall Group is responsible to utilizes broad knowledge of accounting and finance principles to lead a team over a core function of the department, such as General Accounting, Cost Accounting, Payable & Receivables, and/or Financial Planning & Analysis.
• Determines tactics for meeting operational objectives and mobilizes resources accordingly.
• Manages the tactical integration and divisional coordination of accounting/finance staff.
• Responsible for performance and activities of direct reports to include allocation of workload, goal setting, coaching, mentoring and feedback. Oversees and provides direction for subordinate employees on assigned work.
• Conducts performance management activities, counsels, and advises subordinates concerning performance. Monitors and documents employee performance for annual performance review.
• Develops personnel to ensure efficient and highly skilled workforce to meet the department and organizational goals/activities.
• Ensures the accuracy of financial transactions, processes, and forecasts with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
• Demonstrates aptitude using enterprise information systems. Advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
• Accountable for ensuring tight deadlines are met for periodic closing and/or forecast cycles (monthly, mid-year, annual, etc.) as well as other special projects and assignments.
• Maintains and monitors compliance with applicable Financial Policies & Procedures and Regulations.
• Effectively represents the Accounting and Finance department in meetings and periodically prepares and delivers financial presentations for various meetings.
• Coordinates activities of the department with interrelated activities of other departments.
• Plays key role in developing new systems, policies, and procedures.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and 5-10 years’ experience with at least 2 years in a formal managerial/supervisor role, preferably with a consumer product manufacturing company.
• CPA and/or MBA preferred.
• Demonstrates integrity and maturity in handling confidential company financial information.
• Awareness and sensitivity of working in a multicultural environment. Frequent interaction with repatriate and local employees.
• Requires frequent overtime based on company needs.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to derive innovative solutions
• Demonstrate problem-solving, teamwork abilities and ability to be proactive.