IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates to lead an anticipated five-year USAID-funded higher education program in Burma. The COP will provide programmatic and technical leadership to strengthen higher education institutions. The COP will be a creative and dynamic leader, adaptively overseeing all staff and program implementation to ensure that objectives are met on time and within budget.
This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program; deploying innovative and adaptive program implementation that engages a wide range of stakeholders while effectively meeting donor deliverables
· Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, as well as with key government officials, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, program beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
· Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations
· Ensure program activities are efficiently implemented on schedule and within budget; responsively adapting to changes and lessons learned throughout implementation
· Supervise, manage, and mentor program staff and work in close coordination with IREX’s home office
· Oversee program budgeting, financial management, and compliance
· Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities; facilitate learning and improvement across activities and amongst key stakeholders
· Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development
· Other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Higher education (master’s, or doctoral degree) in Education, Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration, International Development, or a related field with at least eight (8) years of relevant experience including at least three (3) years as a COP, Program Director, or senior manager on projects of similar scope and complexity;
· Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing complex donor-funded technical assistance projects (with strong preference for past USAID-funded project management experience)
· Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials; education institutions, faculty, and administrators; media, civil society, and private sector leaders; international donors; and other stakeholders
· Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills
· Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives in compliance with USAID rules and regulations
· Strong representational and organizational skills
· Experience working preferably in Burma or a similar developing country setting
· Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of the Burmese and U.S. higher education systems
· Professional fluency in English in both written and oral communication; ability to speak Burmese is preferred
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ob2fefwq&s=LinkedIn to submit your CV, preferably along with a cover letter which summarizes your relevant qualifications and states your salary expectations.