Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, gt.school. Have you got what it takes?
Are you a manager of game developers looking for the next big challenge? Do you have a strong programming and cloud background, enough to be considered an expert? There's no greater challenge right now than in the education sector, and we want you on our team!
We are GT School. Gifted and talented ("GT") kids are in dire need of support, and we think the next generation of educational software can fix the problem. We're building the metaverse of education, and we need someone to construct an advanced software development assembly line that is unlike any other.
Our "software factory" model is unique. Each product is carefully architected, using the latest cloud technologies, before the software engineers get involved. The software engineers get repeatable, well-structured tasks that get tested for quality and suitability. At this level, your job is to design and improve the whole system that defines, measures, and ensures the completion of all the software developers' tasks.
If you are deeply technical and want to build something impactful and visionary that will last, we want to hear from you!
What You Will Be Doing
As a leader at our fully cloud-based engineering organization, you will be:
- Leading with your technical expertise: You will guide the team with the software development experience you’ve gained over the years, pointing them in the right direction on the most complex challenges and newest technologies.
- Spending one day per week digging deep into the product: By getting your hands dirty with the architecture and coding challenges, you will draw technical insights on how to move them to web-scale.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Project managing the work of low-level managers. We lead by doing, not by being hands-off.
- Overseeing steady-state operations. Our culture is continuous improvement. You will never stop improving quality and productivity with deep knowledge and hard evidence.
Chief Technology Officer key responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience with coding or architectural design. You’ll have to pass a coding test to get this job.
- 5+ years of leadership experience running enterprise software development. You need to have developed software at scale.
- Ability to work 100% remotely from your own home office.
gt.school is a stealth educational startup in Austin, Texas, the center of educational innovation in the US. We are building an online community focusing on the most underserved customer base in US education - gifted and talented (GT) kids. We are a remote first company who hires globally via Crossover.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $160 USD/hour, which equates to $320,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4643-SG-Singapor-ChiefTechnolog.003