We are looking for an exceptional senior professional who can give impactful presence to the business. It is a unique opportunity to be a key member of a leading Fintech start-up in Asia.
As a group-level role, this position is the most senior person who will be the first technology go-to expert and play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. In this position, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan and manage all information technology resources of the company.
We are flexible to consider candidates who wish to be based in SEA countries (Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines or Vietnam).
We are looking for an exceptional global professional who over his or her career has:
- Technical Leadership. A seasoned tech-person in the IT field, leading the IT engineering team and act as a Lead Developer – a key decision-maker who chooses the tech stack, programming language, and framework. They need to know the ins and outs of the software development life cycle and are experienced to incorporate strategies to accelerate time-to-market
- Project Management experience, who leads and oversees the flow of work, design stable processes using best practices and methodologies. This role focuses more on the business side of technology implementation, leaving the daily development tasks to programmers. A strong manager who sets up a strategy and orchestrate the engineering effort within an organization.
- Product Manager experience/ becoming Product Owner, who knows the ins and outs of the products, as well as the market and users and can turn this knowledge into a business benefit. Instead of managing, he or she guides an engineering team. A product manager with the primary goal of managing a tech team and making business critical tech decisions, such as tech design planning, product architecture layout and development platform selection.
- Sense of entrepreneurship. This role is critically important for delivering a competitive advantage by choosing the right technology that will engage customers. A hybrid of business and technical talent, who should be able to evaluate multiple technologies and identify those that are the best fit for the business.
- Experience in a start-up tech company, most preferably in FinTech
- Proven track record of+10 years of experience as a technology leader, or +5 years as CTO or similar leadership role, preferably in start-up tech company (FinTech)
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Advanced tech skills: Digital product architecture building, MVP and API development and testing, corporate tech system administration, DevOps skills.
- Has a sense of entrepreneurship as it is delivering a competitive advantage by choosing the right technology that will engage customers.
- A results-driven by nature, an executor with an entrepreneurial spirit who is moving decisively towards business goals.
- Has strong communication & negotiation skills. Able to provide guidance to both tech team employees and senior executives, in technology strategy and direction. Also can communicate clearly with the organization and others stakeholders (i.e. HR Dept., Commercial Dept, clients/ vendors.).
- Project Management experience, in a leading roles.
- Has the ability to think creative and outside-the-box, and strong problem solving skills.