We have provided technology solutions to global brands and governments around the world for more than 2 decades. Currently we manage the largest eCommerce partner network in the country reaching millions of Filipinos and businesses. With our proven business model and growth strategy we are looking for an outstanding Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our dynamic organization.
Our goal is to disrupt in every imaginable fashion, succeeding far beyond anyone thought possible. Traditional online marketplace and payment solutions only provide a foundation that we use to develop technology advances for transportation to smart cities. Opportunity is endless for a talented, creative individual driven by the desire to make a difference in the world.
If you think you have what it takes and want to do something extraordinary, please apply.
The CTO must have business sense, the intuition to know when to move a technology from alpha to beta tests, when to delay a release because of a buggy feature, or remove a technology or part of it because it doesn’t make economic sense anymore.
Our ideal CTO blends their in-depth knowledge of platform, system, and application development with their passion for big data management and advanced analytics to push innovation to the next level.
This role requires a seasoned hands-on developer that has successfully commercialized an end-to-end solution at scale, with the confidence and desire to create a captivating product that can influence social change.
As CTO of the parent company, this role requires extensive commercialization, technical, and business experience to lead CTOs in our subsidiary and partner companies.
- Partner with peers to define technology vision and strategy
- Architecture planning to include networking and cloud computing
- Database design and data science application for Big Data management
- Lead all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, strategic planning, design, execution, deployment, and maintenance
- Manage product roadmap, resource allocation, and prioritization of deliverables
- Align feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes, ensuring all technology practices adhere to data governance practices and regulatory standards
- Communicate technology strategy to internal departments, partners and investors
- Ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably, and securely
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Build a technology team that can expertly execute
- Prior CTO / technical visionary for a startup, preferably with one or more successful exits
- Data-driven to evaluate product-market fit and other aspects of technology performance, able to identify insights that will influence future decisions
- Have a proven understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
- An effective leader and team-player who knows how to hire and manage the right talent to scale the engineering team, with a track record of coaching and mentorship
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present a technology vision confidently in a way that motivates others both internally and externally
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning, experience in product pricing, managing P&L, and valuation / investor finance are a huge benefit
- Excellent leadership, organizational abilities and business acumen
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving aptitude are essential
- Knowledge of business intelligence, data visualization, and multi-industry application highly desirable
What we offer
- Above-average salary
- Remote-first working environment
- Enormous opportunity for rapid career advancement
- Strong collaborative environment
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities
- Locally developed product
We are a startup with high demand, under rapid acceleration in both size and services. Yet we remain family oriented with a quality work-life balance. As digital nomads remote work is our natural comfort zone. If you are a leader, confident in your abilities, and seek to make an impact, we will provide the opportunity for you to drive success.