About the Company:
Edge Technology Group is a global IT consultancy that exclusively deals within the Financial Services Space, predominantly with Hedge Fund, Asset Manager, Private Equity and Family Office Clientele. Now in its 13th year, Edge has become partner to over 350 funds delivering only the highest calibre of talent with in-depth industry knowledge, expertise and a passion for excellence in the areas of IT strategy, cyber security, and cloud hosting solutions. Edge has 8 offices and 8 data centers in geographically dispersed locations throughout Asia Pacific, Europe, and the US.
Edge launched the Singapore office in 2014, Hong Kong in 2015 and Sydney in 2018, and has quickly established itself as the premier IT partner for APAC-based financial firms, advising and supporting the most distinguished funds in the region. Edge Technology Group is expanding our Client Remote Services team in Hong Kong to cover our growing local client base. We are looking to hire individuals that share the same work ethic and value for time to market deliverables as each and every one of our clients.
- Edge Technology Group is currently looking for Client Remote Services Engineers to join our growing team. The candidate will be based primarily in the Hong Kong office, though some onsite client work will be required. The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of experience in financial services technology and a deep understanding of the regional hedge fund market.
- Client Remote Services engineers are responsible for taking direction from the executive & regional management teams, and adhering to the responsibilities as outlined below. Engineers are responsible for front line 1st – 3rd line remote support. Workflows, systems, policies, and procedures must be utilized in the correct manner in order to provide the end customer with the highest level of service.
- Daily management of all assigned service items, providing daily updates to all tickets, and providing regular client updates.
- Ensure that SLAs are upheld, and that the regional support operation maintains a high level of standards and service.
- Ensure that all communication within tickets and any verbal or written correspondence is clear & concise.
- Use a proactive approach to limit repeat service incidents.
- Contribute to internal regional and global committees and meetings with a focus on improving team growth and operational efficiencies.
- Adhere to all standards and processes as outlined by management.
- Innovate, inspire, and lead by example.
- Treat others as you would expect to be treated.
- Ensure that internal systems are used correctly for accurate & daily ticket updates.
- Support your colleagues, your manager and the executive team.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in providing IT Support within a financial environment, where high levels of service and technical expertise were required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills across all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to support trading professionals, as well as collaborate with all levels of IT staff.
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills. Must have an abiding curiosity and interest in IT.
Strong multi-tasking abilities.
- An inherent sense of urgency when addressing customer concerns.
- Driven to provide superior support. Demonstrated a true ownership mentality to service and problem resolution.
- Willingness to be on-call on a scheduled basis. Sometimes required work long hours to resolve client issues.
- Experience in working in Hedge Funds, Fund of Fund or Private Equity firms; smaller organizations where ability to learn a range of technologies was required; and/or client facing/field service roles are all a plus.
Technical skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 7, Active Directory and Exchange essential.
- Expertise in creating user accounts in Active Directory, creating distribution lists, global contacts in Exchange, etc.
- Good understanding and experience working with VMware, related working knowledge of SANs.
- Strong working knowledge of industry standard desktop imaging and packaging.
- Strong understanding of market data – Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Factset etc.
- Proven expertise in integrating with Excel plug-ins, troubleshooting broken links, effectively working with vendor technical support.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of Visio, MS Projects a plus.
- Working knowledge of networking routers, firewalls, switches, and remote access tools such as Cisco, Citrix, VPN, etc.
- Experience managing Office365.
- Working knowledge of spyware/malware removal tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of Mobile Device Management tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS is a plus.
- BS or equivalent in CS, MIS or Engineering desirable but not required.