Position: Climate-Smart Agriculture Specialist/Team Leader
Location: Greater Mekong Subregion
LOE: 10 months (over 36 months)
Alinea is a global international development consultancy. We provide technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to deliver lasting change. Over the past 34 years, we have managed more than 515 projects in 88 countries.
Alinea is currently recruiting an international Climate-Smart Agriculture Specialist/Team Leader for the ADB-funded Greater Mekong Subregion Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security Program (SAFSP).
The Greater Mekong Subregion Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security Program (SAFSP) will support implementation of the Strategy for Promoting Safe and Environment-Friendly Agro-Based Value Chains in the GMS and Siem Reap Action Plan. The Program is expected to help create enabling conditions and strengthen capacities in three priority areas: (i) climate-smart, inclusive and gender-responsive agri-food value chains; (ii) food safety and quality systems; and (iii) climate-adaptive agriculture in the context of water-food-energy security nexus.
We anticipate that the position will be done remotely until mid-to-late 2021, depending on Covid-19 restrictions.
- Lead the team in conducting climate change vulnerability and risk assessments and identifying adaptation measures for selected agri-food value chains;
- Assess measures for enhancing energy efficiency, promoting renewable energy, and reducing water consumption and food losses and waste;
- Analyse gender implications and identify measures for job creation for women in agri-food value chains;
- Identify approaches to integrate climate-friendly practices and gender concerns in agri-food policies and supply chain networks;
- Guide studies on nutrient use efficiency, green water management and agricultural waste utilization to reduce carbon footprint of value chains;
- Design and guide implementation of agricultural digital finance service for women entrepreneurs along agri-food value chains;
- Assist in conducting training for farmers and small and medium agribusinesses on climate smart agriculture, green supply chain management, and value addition.
- A master’s degree in agricultural sciences, or a related field;
- Recent experience working for ADB;
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in climate smart agriculture;
- Knowledge of agricultural policies, including ability to conduct a market, economic and financial analysis;
- Knowledge of project evaluation assessments.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to [email protected]
Please include the position title in your subject line, and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate, USD, inclusive of benefits.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com