Scope of work: The clinic nurse (SRH) will be responsible for implementation of sexual and reproductive health activities in WPE/SRH integrated center. This position reports to medical doctor (SRH) of WPE/SRH integrated center and is based in Kutkai Township, Northern Shan State with occasionally travel inside identified IDP camps and/ or isolated villages from Kutkai Township.
Implementation of clinical care for SRH activities
- Assist medical doctor (SRH) to prepare daily duty roster in WPE/SRH integrated center and monthly work-plan of SRH activities
- Provide ane-natal care and post-natal care to pregnant and post-partum women including c-IYCF counselling
- Conduct family planning counselling sessions using GATHER counselling approach and assist the clients in order to decide and choose suitable/ appropriate methods of contraception.
- Provide FP services including both short-term and long-term reversible contraception except implant.
- Assist medical doctor (SRH) in providing clinical care of sexual assault survivors according MOHS guidelines and IRC’s standard CCSAS guidelines.
- Involve in proper triage of patients presenting to center
- Perform laboratory test (e.g. RDT Syphilis) and/ or collect test samples as deemed necessary
- Provide MHPSS counselling as needed
- Assist medical doctor (SRH) in proper collaboration with PHC center in Nant Phat Kar for referral of PHC patient.
Record keeping and medical supplies management
- Administer and dispense drugs as prescribed by medical doctor (SRH) and to ensure that the patient/ client is clear on how to take the medication (correct dosage/ frequency and duration)
- Record the dispensed to every patient/client in daily consumption register/ record book
- Complete and keep proper medical records and register
- Manage stock of drugs and RH commodities of the center
- Prepare and check emergency kits and essential/ complementary drugs kits monthly
- Assist medical doctor to manage center database including data compilation, entry and reporting
Infection prevention, control and waste management
- Follow and ensure proper Infection prevention and control measures in SRH center adapted with COVID-19 response IPC
- Segregate and dispose medical waste according to standard waste management protocols
- Supervise clinic volunteers/ cleaners to ensure proper IPC practices in SRH center
- Provide capacity building to clinic volunteers/ cleaners regarding standard IPC measures and waste management practices in SRH center.
- Assist medical doctor (SRH) and project manager in development of proper waste management plan as needed
Monitoring and evaluation
- Record patient/ client’s data in confidential manners.
- Assist medical doctor to organize data entry and analysis of monthly SRH activities and achievements in the standard IRC – Humanitarian Health Response Database
- Assist medical doctor and Project Manager to prepare IRC Global Minimum Health Indicators Report, Monthly Data Reports, etc.
- Provide regular, on time and quality monthly narrative report to medical doctor (SRH)
- Assist Project Manager on preparation of donor, IRC in-country and HQ report as needed
- Coordinate with program support teams to implement project activities in time
- Provide procurement documents in advance as needed
- In collaboration with other members of the health project team, participate in the design and implementation of formative assessments and baseline studies in order to identify health priorities and practices among the IDP and community
- Remain flexible to perform other duties as required or requested.
- Valid licensed nurse (female) with B.N.Sc or diploma of nursing and minimum 2 years’ experiences in reproductive health activities, IPC and waste management
- Favorable to person with experience on medical response to disaster area, emergency need assessment during disaster/ conflicts
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of conflicted affected populations
- Adaptable, flexible and mature in judgment
- Good assessment, analytical, planning and reporting skills
- Have ability and motivation to travel and work long continuous days in remote IDP camps/ remote villages
- Good English language skill (both oral and written), favorable to person who can speak local language (Kachin/ Ta-ang/ Shan)
- Good practice on MS package
- Skilled in community mobilization, facilitation and health education
- Well understanding on confidentiality andhumanitarian principles
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.