Job Title: Cloud Operations Engineer
Department: Technical Services
Reports To: Cloud Operations Manager
Loftware is the global market leader in Enterprise Labeling and Artwork Management solutions with more than 5,000 customers in over 100 countries. Offering the industry’s most comprehensive digital platform, with SaaS, cloud-based and on-premise solutions, Loftware redefines how enterprises create, manage and print complex labeling and packaging artwork and scale across their operations. Loftware solutions integrate with SAP®, Oracle® and other enterprise applications to produce mission-critical barcode labels, documents, RFID smart tags and packaging artwork. Our combined platform – whether for labeling, artwork management or both – enables customers to uniquely meet regulatory mandates, mitigate risk, reduce complexity, ensure traceability, improve time to market and optimize costs as they meet customer-specific, brand, regional and regulatory requirements with unprecedented speed and agility.
Loftware is expanding its worldwide Cloud Operations Team and we are looking to hire a Cloud Operations Engineer with a strong Linux and systems administration background to be based in our offices in Singapore. The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining and troubleshooting development, QA and production customer AWS environments for worldwide SaaS customer, mission-critical applications use.
This position is a hands-on, deeply technical position responsible for implementing and administering our infrastructure for Loftware’s SaaS product offering, as well as looking after the software stack that lives within it. Organisationally, the Cloud Operations Engineer role resides within the Loftware Technical Services department.
The scope of this role includes working with some of the latest tech stack available for building and maintaining reliable cloud infrastructure and services based on the Red Hat/AWS Linux 2 OS within AWS EC2 to deliver automated, highly available and scalable solutions that Loftware customers rely on.
You will have demonstrable experience with provisioning, configuring, and deploying enterprise software on the Red Hat/AWS Linux 2 distribution running in virtual environments. Specifically demonstrable experience working within automation environments/DevOps toolsets, proactive monitoring, firewall administration, volume management, patch management, log file analysis and backups.
- Perform installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of automated, high availability solutions that implement industry standards using AWS.
- Perform proactive system monitoring, technical efficiency tuning, up-time, notifications and automation tasks.
- Administration of Amazon RDS and databases natively deployed within AWS projects.
- Ownership in the diagnosis and issue resolution process, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions or escalation where necessary.
- Installation and troubleshooting infrastructure solutions using both AWS/Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Perform operating system upgrades, apply patches and service packs as appropriate.
- Assist with performing work tasks required for each phase of a project.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- Produce/update documentation on system processes to meet compliancy/auditing regulations.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- On call/Out of Hours emergency action in the event of environment failure.
- Demonstrable AWS, Linux (Centos/Red Hat) and MS. Windows Server operating system deployment/operational administration and security experience. Linux Mandatory
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – particularly in an enterprise Java environment involving the deployment and runtime aspect of application servers (specifically Tomcat) and databases. Mandatory.
- Experience/awareness of automated DevOps activities, concepts and toolsets including using automation tools such as Jenkins, Terraform and Ansible.
- Good database skills including the use of SQL and associated database management tools.
- Good network skills including subnetting, addressing and VPN.
- Ability to work under pressure, both in teams and in isolation with a minimum of supervision in 24x7x365 type team structures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)