As a COBOL Software Engineer, you will be working with ISeries/AS400 to help maintain existing legacy applications that support current business operations and also develop new applications as needed. The ideal candidate should possess 1-year experience in the development; testing; implementation and maintenance of ISeries/AS/400 batch and interactive COBOL programs. The candidate should also possess good analytical and communications skills.
- Develop application program logic from customer-defined specifications
- Analyzes existing program logic to determine best method of accomplishing required changes or cause of program malfunction.
- Performs maintenance and modification of programs currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to assure efficient operation in the production environment.
- Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system life cycle
- Prepare program specifications and diagrams, and develops logic flowcharts
- Understand business, technical, and program requirements
- Test, debug, support and maintain application programs for customers in a variety of business areas and environments
- Perform additional duties as required
- Directly report to PM/Team lead
To be successful candidate for this role, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 1-year experience with COBOL code analyzer software or projects which extracted business logic from mainframe COBOL systems
- Experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with analytical skills and creating program specifications /requirements
- Experience in health insurance programs
- Basic English communication skills
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills, strong team working ability.