Overview of Position:
This position will be responsible for all aspects of cash collections, dispute resolution by resolving customer billing queries and maximizing cash flow through the timely and effective collection of debts.
What you will do:
- Lead the team of collectors and assist with setting the targets for collection of cash on outstanding receivables for APAC region.
- Day to day supervision of collectors and administrators including ledger reviews with collectors and highlighting payment default issues and high-risk concerns to managers.
- Accurate reconciliation of customer accounts, by keeping ledgers tidy, ensuring write-off’s journals, unallocated cash and duplicate accounts are actioned monthly.
- Meet or exceed monthly/quarterly cash collection and reduction of the 60+day’s debt target.
- Analyze data, identify trends and develop in depth understanding of the customers to improve strategies and business performance.
- Identify disputes and ensuring the correct resolution department is notified. Escalating those disputes which have not been resolved in a timely manner or as per SLA.
- Provide, timely and pro-active, regular report to management on relevant customer base regarding aging, dispute, actions taken, legal issues etc., to support core business.
- Manage and coach collection team to perform analytical work for the department.
- Build strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Always promote the department by maintaining healthy relationship with work colleagues and customers in a positive and professional manner.
- Openly share ideas to support the departments drive for continuous process improvement.
- Support ad-hoc tasks and projects as and when requested by management team.
What we need from you:
- Minimum 5 -10 years’ experience in a similar role with proficiency in MS Excel.
- Previous experience in the communications or shared services preferred.
- Ability to handle situations in a professional business manner with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management with problem solving skill.
Speedcast is a leading communications and IT services provider, delivering critical communications services to the Maritime, Energy, Mining, Media, Telecom, Cruise, NGO, Government, and Enterprise sectors. The company leverages its global network platform to provide fully connected systems that harness technologies and applications to transform what remote operations can achieve. With the world’s most comprehensive network, Speedcast enables faster, seamless pole-to-pole coverage from a global hybrid satellite, fiber, cellular, microwave, MPLS, and IP transport network with direct access to public cloud platforms. The company integrates differentiated technology offerings that provide smarter ways to communicate and distribute content, manage network and remote operations, protect and secure investments, and improve the crew and guest experience. With a passionate customer focus and a strong safety culture, Speedcast serves more than 3,200 customers in over 140 countries. Learn more at www.speedcast.com.
Speedcast has successfully completed its restructuring process and emerged from chapter 11 proceedings under the ownership of Centerbridge Partners, L.P. Following Centerbridge’s USD $500 million equity investment in the company, Speedcast now has a clean balance sheet with no secured debt and a healthy cash balance, optimally positioning it as a stable, long-term partner for its employees, customers and vendors.
About Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
Centerbridge Partners, L.P. is a private investment management firm employing a flexible approach across investment disciplines—from private equity to credit and related strategies, and real estate—in an effort to find the most attractive opportunities for our investors and business partners. The Firm was founded in 2005 and as of January 31, 2021 has approximately $28 billion in capital under management with offices in New York and London. Centerbridge is dedicated to partnering with world-class management teams across targeted industry sectors and geographies to help companies achieve their operating and financial objectives. For more information, please visit www.centerbridge.com.
Working at Speedcast:
At Speedcast, we want people that like adventure. Who are motivated by work that takes uncommon ingenuity and thinking outside the box. Who relish the idea of working in an industry undergoing massive transformation. If you want to be part of a global team responsible for connecting the world, then you’re in the right place.
We're always pushing forward, never standing still. When people rely on you and your team to stay connected, it brings everyone closer together. We’re united by the adrenaline of high-stakes projects and our love of getting the job done right. You will experiment, learn and grow here, right alongside us, every single day.
Find great opportunities to make an impact. We have a "one team, one dream" mentality. We work together to make great things happen. Working at Speedcast isn't just a job, it's a career that you can take to new levels.
Top reasons why people love working at Speedcast:
- Our global presence – you get to work with clients and colleagues all over the world, in every continent
- Talented teammates – your co-workers are the best and brightest in the industry
- Industry leadership – be part of the latest advancements shaping the future of communications
- Ability to develop skills – work across departments to gain new skills and valuable experience
- Choose your environment – we have an environment to fit your temperament. Choose between a traditional desk job or work in the field.
- Grow your career - Guide your career in the direction you want. Gain new titles and responsibilities through our internal promotion system.
- Work on diverse projects – every day is different with our customers from a range of industries around the world
Speedcast does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.