Commercial Director, Genetic Testing Solutions, APAC
How will you make an impact?
The Commercial Director, Genetic Testing Solutions (GTS) is part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) and the Genetic Science Division (GSD), reporting to the Genetic Testing Solutions global leader. He or she will oversee a team of sales specialists focused on growing the clinical genetic testing business for Infectious Disease and Pharmacogenomics.
This new role presents a unique opportunity to be a part of our global sales team that is directly addressing the COVID-19 outbreak and position the company for continued success in the infectious disease identification and diagnosis marketplace.
The Commercial Director, GTS will provide leadership in setting the sales strategy in order to deliver;
- regional revenue targets
- optimize profitability and market share throughout APAC
- build a market leading customer-facing team to execute the regional go to market plan/strategy.
This person will also ensure that the team executes on the broad business imperatives by driving initiatives that are closely associated with global strategies, go-to-market directives, and customers’ and employees’ needs. In addition, this person will ensure there is focus on sales force effectiveness, price optimization, a profitable portfolio mix, targeted promotions, and an effective sales channel strategy. They will be responsible for developing, motivating, and retaining, a high performing organization.
The Commercial Director for GTS will work very closely with the GSD commercial leaders, regional country leaders, regional and global marketing teams, service, technical support and customer care, to help create initiatives focused on communicating and nurturing relationships with customers, meeting sales forecasting and revenue targets, all while generating new business and expanding the GTS market presence in the region.What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Execute a regional sales strategy for the product specialist team (field sales, inside sales and regional marketing) in line with the overall GTS business plan
- Manage the sales specialist team and working with country based sales team, agreeing on sales performance and revenue targets and using metrics to monitor performance
- Develop and maintain excellent knowledge of the platforms, products, markets and customer buying practices required to effectively compete and grow the clinical testing business.
- Communicate a clear message to motivate and enhance performance from the team
- Establish and maintain effective communication with strategically important customer executives and managers, representing the GTS global organization externally and internally.
- Understand the market and identify opportunities for future growth, being considered an expert and a key influencer to commercial leaders to meaningfully impact our commercial strategy, execution and/or decision-making.
- Regularly monitor customer needs to maintain comprehensive knowledge of customer activities and future needs
- Develop sales specialist professionals, attracting and empowering the right talent and driving employee engagement, helping to build a reputation of best place to work.
- Deliver an accurate quarterly forecast, being accountable to the division management and commercial leaders for submitted numbers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Bio Sciences. Master’s or higher degree preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience managing commercial teams, with a successful track record of managing and growing a sales organization.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Genetic Analysis platforms, including qPCR, sequencing and microarray.
- Sales experience in the Life Science/Genetic Analysis capital equipment market selling to Academic, Government and Clinical customers
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in a large and complex organization in a biotech industry preferred.
- Outstanding leadership and sales management capabilities including an intense focus on the customer, broad business acumen and intellect, plus vital competencies essential to navigating complex and dynamic market conditions.
- Decisive business leader that will thrive in a fast-paced business culture.
- Demonstrated ability to identify commercial opportunities and develop aggressive and innovative sales strategies to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Candidate has to have outstanding networking and influencing skills and ability work across organization and in matrix environment
- Ability to think clearly and critically, articulate a vision, and inspire others to follow.
- Risk-taker who is willing and able to make dispassionate and objective decisions based on hard data as well as soft data.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills; ability to assimilate complex concepts and clearly articulate business value.
- Travel: 50% (currently restricted due to the pandemic)
- Remote Office (Flexible on Location)