The Communications Manager leads the day to day implementation of communications strategies to advance WWF-Myanmar’s conservation agenda through targeted communications that reach and catalyze support and change in key constituencies; building and maintaining a positive profile for our work through impactful media and outreach across key external online and offline communications channels; delivering compelling stories and events that reinforce WWF’s brand, while managing regular and efficient sharing and exchange of information through effective internal communications.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of the communications strategy for WWF-Myanmar
- Lead the development and implementation of content and digital strategies, ensuring WWF-Myanmar’s digital channels are up-to-date, relevant and engaging. Establish a regular flow of compelling stories.
- Lead the development of a media outreach strategy including positive working relationships. Oversee media activities, including press conferences, one-to-one briefings and press releases. Establish monitoring and evaluation of media coverage and reach.
- Build and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with donor offices and the wider network.
- Work closely with the Conservation Communications Expert to build positive, collaborative working relationships with the conservation teams. Support communications for events as required and manage delivery of communications content in Burmese and English, and coordinate production (design and printing).
- Support the development and implementation of conservation campaigns.
The detailed responsibilities are at https://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/
- University degree in communications, media, marketing or related subject. In the absence of a degree, extensive professional experience and proven results in those areas;
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience;
- Proven track record in communications management
- Development and implementation of successful communications, media and digital strategies
- Long-term planning and analytical skills, as well as demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Leadership/management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop relationships with a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, supported by good computer and digital skills
- Familiarity with online and social media
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Interest in conservation and environmental issues
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae stating the position
Title and reference number in English by email to [email protected] (Application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.