The main focus of the Copywriter job is content writing, which includes curation, planning, and research. Ultimately, it will be your duty to build Amazon product listings for our portfolio of clients, including writing titles, bullet points, description/EBC, copy for design assets, and more. An effective copy strategy aims to drive inbound traffic into our partnering brands’ product listing pages and encourage the reader to take a profitable business action.
The Copywriter role requires effective writing skills and working SEO/keyword research knowledge. The copywriter must work with Sunken Stone's project management system, SEO research software, Google Suite, and other tools that aid the content planning and publication.
You will also collect information about the different types of customer personas client businesses are targeting, perform basic research and analysis on customer thoughts, and then devise content strategies to help convert new and existing customers to Amazon.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Competitor Research: In-depth product competitor research results in relevant and optimal keywords.
- Keyword Research: Effective keyword research using our Amazon-specific SEO software while following the Sunken Stone guidelines and training.
- Copywriting: Assist in writing product titles, bullet points, descriptions, taglines and overall content while applying high-value keywords to drive sales to product listings. You may be required to write copy for agency use, including white papers, SOPs, etc.
- Live Product Listing Scan: Assist in reviewing client catalogs to ensure that the published listings are clear of errors and identify the issues that need to be addressed.
- A+ Content and Storefront Scan: Assist in scanning the live A+ content and Storefront to ensure that it is published and linked appropriately to the product detail pages.
- Project Management: Upkeep necessary trackers, forms, and system/s to monitor accuracy and adherence to Amazon and internal guidelines.
- Excellent written and oral English is required
- Basic knowledge of keyword research and content optimization
- Two years English writing/editing experience
- One year of Google Suite experience
- One year of project management experience
- E-commerce and/or Amazon experience a plus but not required
- Client-facing skills a plus but not required
- Good analytical abilities to spot patterns and trends in content marketing data
- Hard-working, energetic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Positive mindset with an ability to navigate change and quickly adapt
- Proven experience hitting and exceeding goals
- Organized, Organized, Organized!
- Professional, motivated, and a team player
- Must be excited about working in a fast-paced startup environment (Flex-Ellence is one of our key values)
About Sunken Stone
Sunken Stone is a premier, performance-based Amazon channel partner with over 11 years of experience and proven, sustainable success. In addition to more than 10,000+ total product SKUs in the North American market, we have experience and expertise internationally, including marketplaces in Canada, Mexico, UK, and EU . Check out our webpage at https://www.sunkenstone.com/ to learn more! We are always looking for top notch talent to join our team and even if you don't see a role currently open, we invite you to submit your resume so that we can keep your resume on file to reach out to you should something open up that meets your skillset. We also encourage you to continue checking back here as all open positions will be posted in BetterTeams. “In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.”– Thomas Jefferson