The Myanmar Council of Churches has a Photojournalist (Content Creator) vacancy for its Holistic Child Development Project.
The Holistic Child Development Project is a Christian ministry, dedicated to addressing the needs of children in poverty. We advocate for the poor, ministering to their needs and act on their behalf. We are currently seeking a person as detailed below : Mature Christian person, based on evangelical Christian values, with a vision and passion for children mission.
This intermediate content creator captures video, photo, and creates various forms of digital and blended content to represent the work of the Holistic Child Development Project and MCC programs. He/she further works within a highly collaborative team environment with a strong emphasis on partnership with international offices. At this career level, the incumbent generally works independently on moderately complex projects or as a team member on larger projects. He or she may coach other photojournalists.
*Camera equipment will be provided.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Travels to child development programs to capture video and photos to use in creative concepts and designs in response to communication strategies and goals. Searches and selects photography options and incorporates into designs or written materials as appropriate.
- Conducts video and/or photo acquisition, editing, and mastering of projects. Works from a conceptual understanding within the parameters outlined in project creative briefs to utilize video and photo to promote and expand ministry opportunities. Maintains high level of quality, conforming to professional standards in this field.
- Coordinates with teams and staff around the world to obtain potential media/stories and content ideas.
- Produces results-oriented, effective, brand-building digital content that support and strengthen marketing strategy.
- Works creatively within the brand standards to maintain the integrity, distinction, and consistency of the brand by adhering to the organization's brand standards and guidelines.
- Contributes to just-in-time delivery and coordination of creative content during regional and country specific times of crisis and disaster situations.
- As assigned, writes editorial content and short stories to share and support the work of child programs and highlight the work of the churches and programs in the field.
- May provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the creative discipline.
- The Content Creator will work within sensitive messaging guidelines provided by the Global Content Team.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's Degree in creative arts, journalism or related field.
- 3+ years experience working in this or similar position or field.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***