Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose Of The Position
Continuous Improvement leader drives the changes in work culture and work processes in the plant and striving his best to imbed lean tools in every activity we do. The incumbent will lead the Hoshin Plan through Balance scorecard, have a zero loss journey roadmap established for site, and Lead operational Excellence activities in all areas of business through below Lean tools and activities:
- Lean manufacturing activities, 5S, TPM, SMED, and VSM.
- 6 Sigma trainings, projects.
- Best practices.
- Shingo qualification.
Essential Responsible Areas
- Lead operational Excellence activities in all areas of business through Lean tools such as 5S, TPM, SMED, and VSM.
- Establish Hoshin Plan / balance score card, align business goals / target with Plant zero loss road map.
- Create Value stream mapping for plant and identify key focus areas. Establish Zero loss Journey.
- Implement global Best practices applicable. Drive Best practices in plant related to manufacturing and non-manufacturing lean activities, report best practices from plant to the sector.
- Drive Kanban activities.
- Driver kaizen system in the plant. Implement kaizen system, put in place reward and recognition system for Kaizens. Compile savings from Kaizen activities.
- Attend morning meetings and Key plant meetings, compile plant PDCA action list. Derive losses on ongoing basis and action plan to close the gaps.
- Speed loss analysis in can making equipment by analyzing Viscan, and using Minitab tools, highlight the loss area in terms of OEE on periodical basis to the management team.
- Manage data for downtimes, lable change times, breakdowns, and highlight to operation teams and compile action plan from the teams
- Drive Area teams (circle teams). Set goals for area teams, ensure area teams meet on regular intervals, and report progress of area teams on regular basis to plant management.
- One point contact for all data preparation and generating reports needed for Operation excellence reporting on monthly and periodical basis. Reporting site KPIs, analyze trends and progress, following up SCIP (Site Continuous Improvement Plan)
- Conduct lean manufacturing assessments/audits and participate in various other audits as per company requirements.
- Initiate boosting activities for lean manufacturing process and techniques (such as quiz / sessions / Happy Lean hour program) to maximize production and minimize spoilage in the manufacturing process
- Promote quality improvement and corrective actions through continuous improvement approach to achieve the Quality key performance Indicators and targets.
- Provide training to new hires and existing employees on various Continuous improvement practices and initiatives. Work closely with HR Team to establish plant training needs and training calendar.
- Visualization of lean activities on the shop floor. Publishing banners, establishing boards, visual controls on equipment. Create atmosphere where people create / use visual aids. Standardize the Visual controls.
- Prepare for Shingo assessments, initially internally with a view to this becoming external.
- Drive Non-manufacturing Lean activities.
- Aquitaine with Assistant plant manager roles and responsibility. Act as APM during his absence.
- Aquitaine with Shift manager roles and responsibility. Act as Shift manager whenever business needs.
- Have good communications with management and fellow workmen. Follow and maintain organization’s SOPs and safe working practices. Comply with any legal, environmental and safety, BRC requirements and/or checks.
Ball Corporation are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, faith, ability, or orientation.