Your role will be to review written work submitted by our team of writers, researchers, and technology enthusiasts. Their work will come in many varied formats: blogs, op-eds, reports, Tweets, LinkedIn posts, screenplays, speaking scripts, and so on.
You’ll act as our quality control, fact-checking details and combing through content to correct everything from spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, to “tone of voice” issues pertaining to the client. Many of our writers are subject matter experts on complex technical topics but English is not their first language, so it will be your job to ensure their message is conveyed correctly and nothing is lost in translation.
You have a sharp eye and impeccable attention to detail. You have strong interpersonal skills, even when working remotely and collaborating online, and you’re comfortable providing constructive feedback to fellow team members to help them improve their work.
- A bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations, English or communications. Candidates with academic qualifications in Computer Science, Finance and related STEM degrees will also be considered.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- Experience in blockchain and/or crypto is not essential but highly regarded.
- Selected candidates will be required to take a copy editing test.
- You are constantly curious and a fast learner who is happy to conduct self-directed research.
- You’re a problem solver. You’re proactive, resourceful, and you take initiative.
- You’re able to juggle competing priorities and work effectively to manage deadlines.
- You have excellent attention to detail. Everyone on the Emfarsis team is a fact-checker and we pride ourselves on our investigative nature.
- There are no lowly tasks. We are all prepared to roll up our sleeves and get the work done. This is how we learn about our clients and build strong relationships.
- All roles are 100% remote. Requires online collaboration.
- Flexibility required. Some early mornings, late nights, weekend work.
- Must have strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Able to work via multiple digital communication channels including (but not limited to) Gmail, Slack, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Discord.
Emfarsis is a consulting and advisory firm with expertise in blockchain and cryptocurrencies. As the makers of the mini documentary, Play-to-Earn: NFT Gaming in the Philippines, we have a special interest in how these emerging technologies are advancing economic development. We work with industry-leading clients such as Yield Guild Games, Animoca Brands, Blockchain Game Alliance, and more.
See our website here: https://emfarsis.com/