Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in corporate development, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking within the technology industry.
- Experience leading and discussing Merger and Acquisition transactions and/or investments.
- MBA degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in working on cross-border transactions, and working in one or more APAC regions.
- Experience working within the technology industry (e.g., Internet, communications, e-commerce).
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including experience building financial models and valuing companies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write in an Asian language fluently to support and communicate effectively with Asian language-speaking clients.
About The Job
The Corporate Development team drives Google's global growth by identifying exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities, and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders, investment professionals, strategy specialists, and integration experts, we are dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We find and evaluate acquisition and strategic investment opportunities across existing and future markets, drive management team decisions, lead agreement discussions, and help manage post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
The Corporate Development team manages the reins for much of our global growth. As a member of the Corporate Development team, you will work collaboratively across functions (e.g., Product, Legal, Finance, People Operations) to identify, evaluate, and help discuss both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities specifically in APAC (East Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia). You will provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You will understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and harness them to manage our agreements and integration.
- Build connections with regional investors and start-up ecosystems.
- Drive management team decisions, interface with Google Product and Engineering teams, and collaborate with geographically dispersed colleagues.
- Help lead agreement facilitations and execution.
- Manage post-acquisition integration.
- Serve as a board member or observer regarding regional strategic initiatives and opportunities.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .