Corporate Recruiter (Work From Home - Mid-Shift or Night Shift)
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to learn about our company and this brand-new Corporate Recruiter position that we have recently created! We are searching for an extremely friendly, outgoing and experienced corporate recruiter to join our company and help us grow our U.S. and Philippines based teams.
Our company, Safari One Business Solutions, is a Philippines based corporation that supports the accounting, finance, and various operational/logistical functions for Safari Micro, Inc. Safari Micro was founded in 1997, and is a privately held, profitable and well-established reseller of computer hardware, software, and IT services to corporations and governmental agencies/municipalities throughout the U.S. We are based in the U.S. in sunny Chandler, Arizona.
Safari One Business Solutions has been based in the Philippines since 2013. Due to the recent Covid-19 pandemic, our entire team of smart, driven, friendly and fun loving (we think having fun at work is important!) professionals are effectively working from their homes to support our U.S. based operations. At Safari, we feel that working with great people is extremely important to employee happiness. We therefore want to hire people who are motivated, intelligent, responsible, and genuinely enjoyable to work with! Even during these uncertain times brought about by Covid-19, we continue to strongly believe in consistently growing our Philippines based team which has been (and will continue to be) an important part of our company’s success. Due to Covid-19, we have no plans for our team to return to the office. Therefore, this will be a permanent “work from home” position. Goodbye traffic jams and long commutes! All candidates must have a dedicated home office space and reliable high speed internet connection that can be verified.
This person will have the choice of selecting between working our mid-shift or night shift in the Philippines. Our “mid-shift” is from approximately 4:00pm – 1:00am, and our night shift is from approximately 10:30pm - 7:30am local Philippines time.
Depending on your workload, a normal work week will be approximately 40-45 hours. We genuinely value your life outside of work, so unless there are unusual circumstances, your week should rarely ever exceed 50 hours.
· This position has two equally important primary responsibilities. First, you will work closely with our company’s management, primarily reporting to and collaborating with our head of Talent Acquisition, to source quality candidates for our sales and operations positions both in the U.S. and Philippines.
· The second primary responsibility of this role is to continually source experienced U.S. based IT sales professionals to add to our team. You will accomplish this mainly through using the company’s LinkedIn Recruiter suite to proactively identify and message highly qualified candidates via InMail messages and good old-fashioned networking. The good news is that our compensation plan, “hands off” management style, and professional freedoms we offer to these sales reps is probably the best in this industry. Once you have sourced one of these professionals, you simply need to pass them along to speak with our head of Talent Acquisition. Mission accomplished!
· Ideally, you’ve had experience in a “full cycle” recruiting position where you have performed all phases of the recruiting function. However, this particular role will be highly focused on the “sourcing” and “screening” functions. Therefore, we are open to considering candidates who have focused primarily on those 2 key aspects of recruiting.
· Initially, you will work with management to understand our corporate culture and the characteristics that we look for in the people we hire. We are proud of the fact that we are highly selective about who we hire. Therefore, this is not a “high volume” recruiting role. We need a recruiter who truly cares more about candidate “quality,” than “quantity.” For that reason, we don’t foresee putting any volume “quotas” in place for this person (i.e., “you must hire 5 new people by THIS date.”). What matters to us is that you properly screen and present quality candidates to our management team that you truly feel will succeed in the role AND get along great with the rest of the team! :-) Success in this role isn’t pushing through a high volume of candidates. It’s pushing through the right candidates, in order to maximize our hiring managers’ time.
· For each open position, you, the head of Talent Acquisition and the hiring manager will work together to gain a thorough understanding of the job and its requirements in order to understand the type of candidate we are searching for.
· Once a job description is drafted and posted, it is your responsibility to sort through the applicants in order to create a qualified applicant pool. In addition to this you MUST also be skilled at and willing to proactively message “passive” candidates through LinkedIn and other sources. Many of the best candidates do not apply to job postings. We need to uncover those “passive” candidates who aren’t actively searching for a new position but may be interested if a position is presented to them.
· You will send the initial email / LinkedIn messages to all candidates who appear qualified for our Philippines based roles. Once contact is established, your next task is to perform the initial interview screen calls with these candidates via a video call.
· After that, you will enter all of your screening notes in our talent management system for the hiring manager’s review. If qualified, you will then coordinate the next interview date between the candidate and hiring manager. As the candidate progresses, you will continually update the notes in our system.
· Finally, there will be times that we do not have any job openings except for IT sales professionals. With your extra time there are a wide variety of new challenges for you to take on within our company! These may include various HR related tasks or vital operational functions. If you eventually feel that you can take on MORE than what is assigned and you have the bandwidth to successfully complete other operational or administrative functions within our company, we will give you the ability to learn as much as you can. :-)
Desired Qualifications and Work Experience:
· Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a dedicated corporate recruiter with full cycle recruiting experience. However, as mentioned earlier, we ARE open to speaking with candidates who have primarily focused on the sourcing and screening functions of the recruiting cycle. We do not need you to write job descriptions, compose offer letters, negotiate with candidates, etc. Those functions may come in time as you become more familiar with the role.
· An extremely strong fluency in both written and verbal communication skills in English is absolutely mandatory. This is because you will be regularly communicating with our U.S. based employees and prospective employees via email, video (Microsoft Teams Video / Zoom, etc.) or VOIP calls. You may be required to draft and send written communications (emails, LinkedIn Inmail messages, etc.) on behalf of the head of Talent Acquisition. For these reasons, impeccable written English skills are required.
· Strong computer skills using common software programs such as Microsoft Office are needed in order to facilitate your work and communications with current and prospective employees.
· You work hard, genuinely enjoy the recruiting that you do, and have a proven track record of success within the related roles that you have held within this field. You can easily explain why you have been successful in the positions that you have held.
· Mandatory: You are a genuinely good-hearted person who is FRIENDLY and fun to work with! You enjoy being part of a cohesive team of “drama-free” professionals who are responsible, show up to work regularly and on time, and you take full responsibility for your work. You don’t make excuses, and you own up to your mistakes with the knowledge that all mistakes are learning opportunities that allow you to improve yourself.
Compensation (somewhat flexible): 25,000 – 35,000+ PHP/month
We are realistically targeting a compensation range of 25,000 – 35,000 PHP/month for this role. Obviously, the more relevant “hands on” experience that you have, the higher the compensation level will be. So, if you feel that your experience matches what we are looking for, please send us your application along with your expected compensation level. The 10% “Night Shift Differential” will be added if you choose to work exclusively on our night shift.
· Work from home! By logging into our corporate network through our remote desktop solution, this person will be able to perform their job function from their home.
· Medical and dental insurance paid for by the company for you and one dependent.
· 15 days of paid time off (PTO) each year (to be used as vacation or sick time) in addition to our standard holiday calendar.
How to Apply:
If interested in this role, please send your resume to [email protected] Although not mandatory to be considered, feel free to also write a bit about:
1) Why you are interested in this position.
2) Why you believe you are qualified for this position, based upon your current and/or prior corporate recruiting experience.
3) Anything else you want to tell us about yourself, either professionally or personally, because we genuinely like to get to know our candidates!
Thank you for your interest, and if your background and work experience fits what we are searching for, you'll hear back from us in the near future!