This position reports directly to the Myanmar Office Country Managing Partner and functionally to the SEA HR Leader. In this position, the Country HR Leader will lead the delivery of the full spectrum of HR services and talent engagement programs for Myanmar office from talent attraction, acquisition, talent management and development, compensation and benefits and employee relations including implementation of HR policies and procedures. In addition to working with country functional leaders on HR programs to meet business objectives, this role requires close collaboration with the SEA HR team on the design, development and implementation of various regional HR initiatives locally.
· Lead a small team to deliver high quality services in all areas of HR including but not limited to manpower planning, talent attraction and acquisition, talent management and engagement, talent development, compensation and benefits and employee relations, to engage and retain talents.
· Plan, develop, and ensure seamless implementation of all aspects of the country’s HR strategy, policies and processes.
· Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are comprehensive and adequate, are in compliance with relevant laws and benchmarked to industry standards and practice.
· Update and implement all necessary HR policies and procedures locally on a timely basis when there are changes.
· Ensure regular communication and engagement with country functional leaders on regional and local HR programs implementation.
· Work closely with Regional HR Shared Services Center and HR Centre of Excellence on regional HR initiatives to ensure streamlined and consistent implementation of HR programs in Myanmar office.
· Other regional or local HR programs / projects as assigned by the Country Leader and / or SEA HR Leader.
Your role as a leader
At Company, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers / Senior Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Act as a role model, whilst establishing a strong leadership brand by inspiring others through passion, integrity, and appreciation.
- Build and sustain a high performance culture by cultivating and amplifying individual and team strengths.
- Apply deep knowledge of trends and activity to continuously develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiates Deloitte
- Build and sustain long term lasting relationships with stakeholders, clients and team
- Communicates strategic direction effectively, to excite people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse teams to achieve success
- Manage and actively contribute to sustainable development of a talent pipeline by championing a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams.
- Degree in Human Resources, Business or its equivalent. A Master Degree is an added advantage
- HR generalist with 10-20 years work experience, with proven and relevant track records in HR management in well-established or multinational organizations that, suitable for Senior Manager level in Company SEA (11,000 + employees)
- Good knowledge and understanding of HR practices in Myanmar
- Excellent English proficiency and articulation of thought
- Strong influencing skills and able to gain buy-in from stakeholders
- Conceptual thinking ability and pragmatic in execution
- Good balance of strategy and operational experience
- Analytical with high attention to detail
- Agile, able to navigate through ambiguity.
- Resourceful, solution focused, and able to hit the ground running from the start
- Integrity, professionalism and discreet in handling HR information
- Working experience with SAP, Success Factors system is an advantage
- Able to operate independently in a complex environment with matrix reporting/ structure
- Able to handle diverse groups of stakeholders including Partners and Senior Leaders of the Firm