Our client, a leading content provider to the iGaming industry, offering a multi-product portfolio that is innovative, regulated and mobile-focused for markets around the world, for slots, live casino, bingo, scratchcards and more is looking to hire a Country Manager - Malaysia to join their fun and innovative team.
The Country Manager will be responsible for the P&L for the territory and will define the strategic direction, budget management and delivery against the targets set. As the market specialist, they will drive optimization of the market working closely with key stakeholders in the business.
Type: Remote | Full-Time
- Strong knowledge of the lottery or online gaming industry, specifically within the online Casino product category.
- Primarily looking for a proven creative thinker with experience in the delivery of new product concepts, creating a market-leading brand positioning & proposition.
- You will have strong experience in marketing and/or territory management role with proven experience managing external creative advertising, PR and media agencies along with internal central service departments.
- A clear focus on sales and business growth is necessary within a B2C online business.
- Experience with producing and delivering advertising and promotional marketing campaigns alongside managing performance & response driven acquisition activities.
- You will be a dedicated and strong leader, capable of performing within a matrix structure, with a result orientated attitude, good organizational awareness and ability to influence key stakeholders.
- You should be driven, energetic and entrepreneurial with a positive attitude towards quick and continuous changes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Approachable team player with a collaborative mindset.
- Experience living in other countries.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to take each task through to completion.
- Analytical self-starter with strong excel skills.
- Proven commercial acumen and experience managing budgets.
- Start-up experience and culture.
- Define and communicate the local market strategy, offer and product for Malaysia, continuously monitoring competitive positioning & future regulation, in the market adapting strategy and tactics are required.
- Actively manage a full marketing and brand strategy, ensuring that you have an optimal media mix to drive mass-market player acquisitions while providing a healthy ROI and establishing the brand.
- Conduct contract and agreement negotiation of affiliate and digital marketing agreements to increase market distribution in Malaysia.
- Recruit, train and mentor the best talent for the Malaysian market.
- Formulating and implementing operational & tactical plans with global teams, ensuring robust financial control systems, and that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by all who work in the team.
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans/budgets and optimizing accordingly.
- Work with Business Intelligence team to ensure player behaviours and any unique market insights are understood and direct optimization of strategy and tactical plans.
- Work across the full player user journey establishing effective continuous improvement initiatives to drive acquisition and conversion efficiency, player onboarding, retention and yield.
- Directly manage all above the line marketing activity and the commercial and contractual relationship with local marketing Media, PR & Creative agencies. Additionally, represent the company in the region to major customers, partners and professional associations.
- Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional team while working with other Country Managers and cross departments to capture and optimize synergies.
- Manage annual budget planning, quarterly performance reviews and revenue and EBIT forecasting.
- Establish additional market-led operational processes, reporting and analytics, professionalizing the business while maintaining the entrepreneurial start-up and agile approach and spirit.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!