Location: Remote (where you are, most likely in Japan or Malta)
This B2C online gaming group is currently operating 3 online casino sites targeting mainly the European markets. We are now expanding into Japan, Asia.
We have been around for 4 years and have a very clear start-up culture, yet the company is made up of awesome people and personalities who all have 10+ years of experience in the business, and all the key people are highly acknowledged as domain experts within their respective fields. The company is primarily based in Malta. The 2 founders are both Swedish and the company has a Swedish/International company culture built on extensive trust and freedom of all employees. The company is currently made up of 35 direct employees with another 25 people that work with us on a daily basis providing certain outsourcing functions. We are recognized as a challenger in the European online gaming industry and are at the very forefront of product innovation. We focus on so called Gamification, where the gaming experience from online casino is married with online mobile gaming, such as Clash of Clans, Candy Crush etc., and product development and seriously sophisticated technology is the very DNA of the company. We have won numerous “EGR Awards (sort of “the Oscars” of the European gaming world) such as “Innovation of the Year in gaming”, “Start-up of the year” etc.
We are now expanding into Japan – come work with us and make it a success!
We are seeking a Country Manager Japan who will be responsible for developing the Japanese market including market strategy, product, customer acquisition, retention, payments and customer service. You will have an overall responsibility for the Japanese territory – Revenue targets, building relationships with 3 rd parties especially affiliates, agreeing deals, exploring marketing and partner opportunities, specialist market knowledge with a view of giving feedback to marketing teams, business development is also included in this role. You will also handle Customer Service for the initial period, and over time help build up a successful customer service department. This role will probably be based in Japan, or in Malta, Europe. However, as a modern and digital company, we believe in people, not specific locations, so in reality this role will be based where you are. Wherever you will be based, we’d love to see you face to face, so we will encourage you to come over to the head office in Malta frequently. We’re obviously footing the bill for such travels.
This role will offer outstanding career opportunities!
- Develop country strategy, positioning and growth
- Develop acquisition marketing activities across the market in cooperation with the Acquisition team and marketing teams.
- Develop CRM strategies with the CRM team, including customer behavior analysis, segmentation, creation of promotions and messages.
- Oversee development, planning and execution of marketing and promotion activities for the Japanese market.
- Take the role as our brand ambassador for the Japanese market, to represent us in all best possible ways.
- Responsible for localization of product, together with the content team.
- Optimize presentation and promotion of games as per the market to ensure maximum player volume.
- Responsible for the local website including content and look and feel, ensuring it has local focus (user experience).
- Contribute in identifying relevant payment options together with the Payments Team.
- Monitor and report to the Management Team of business KPIs.
- Responsible for handling Customer Service queries initially, and support the building up of a customer service team, including recruitment, training, monitoring of CS KPIs etc.
SmartRecruitment.com is our responsible recruitment partner for this position, they are a consultancy firm within recruitment/head-hunting. SmartRecruitment.com support their clients in recruiting iGaming and casino experts. They have local teams in both Europe (Barcelona, Malta and Stockholm) and Asia (Manila and Taichung/Taipei)
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a B2C iGaming business.
- Experience acquiring customers and growing businesses.
- Experience in building and nurturing a network of affiliate marketing partners.
- Experience in CRM and retention marketing to drive further activation of players and reactivation of lapsed players
- Experience in development of direct marketing strategy, creative and implementation processes.
- Experience as a Country Manager with an iGaming business is desirable.
- Experience in customer service over email and chat tools to online B2C business is desirable.
- Native Japanese speaker, Fluent in English.
- Good understanding of online and direct response marketing
- Highly Organized
- Ability to be both strategic and also very hands-on work
- Analytical ability and the understanding of profit/loss profiles, creating and reading reports, understanding data and the ability to distinguish between the important and unimportant, strategic development.